Getting to Know You, March 2020 presented by MvM

6 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Question for March 17th:

Happy St. Patrick's Day! What's your favorite way(s) to enjoy the famed staple of the Irish diet, the potato?

I am also in the 'All the potatoes!' group.

Current favourite though is Potatoes Au Gratin, because I finally have a recipe that works for me.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1 - Hobbying for March Definitely lamb. I've spent the last couple months shoving a bunch of zbrush information into my brain and I'd love a break right now!   2 Middle of the road

I got to hang out with @Morihalda, and she's a pretty big deal.   I've also gotten to hang out with most of the Sculptors and Painters for Reaper.    So, yes. All the famous, and m

A decade or so ago I worked a trip on a super-yacht. (Owned by a complete and utter billionaire elfhole who I will not name. I ended up punching him after he started being nasty to the Filipino housem

Posted Images

7 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Question for March 17th:

Happy St. Patrick's Day! What's your favorite way(s) to enjoy the famed staple of the Irish diet, the potato?

I don't generally eat a whole lot of regular potatoes in the course of a year.  So I don't really have a favorite.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Question for March 17th:

The Potato is one of God's more WONDROUS creations. I LOVE quite a few different Potato dishes. Au gratin, scalloped, fried, baked, in salad form, & other ways are all bunched in a race for first place with me, but, if I absolutely had to pick one, it would be mashed.

Potatoes in vodka form are something I lost interest in a goodly many years ago.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, paintybeard said:

You really know how to start a fight, don't you Doug!

I don't actually care that much about the underlying ... discussion. But at least in the US, one side is willing to assault kids if they don't wear the correct color and the other side isn't even heard from.

I don't suffer bullies gracefully.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Doug has it right! Think Orange.  My mother was Irish protestant. The potato is dark orange itself.  As Ed showed us to get Brown just add black to Orange.

Whole potato I add Chili.  I also like potato pancakes and jojos (thick wedges of potatoes.

Edited by ttuckerman
  • Like 5
8 hours ago, redambrosia said:

All The Ways.

This. I've never met a potato I didn't like. 

One of my favorite ways to eat potatoes is fried up in a skillet with onions and a little pepper. Serve as a side to some beans with cornbread. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
On 3/16/2020 at 12:21 AM, ManvsMini said:

Question for March 16th:

So you've gotten home a late from work/school/whatever. You still need to eat dinner, but want to have time to paint/hobby before bedtime. Do you still take the time to cook a decent dinner, or throw something in the microwave? Or go with delivery?

Grab the leftover rice from the fridge, stick some in a bowl and microwave. Fry up an egg or two. Put eggs on rice. Add kimchi, maybe a splash of soy sauce. 3 minutes effort. 

8 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Question for March 17th:

All the ways! But, absolute favorite, mashed... with garlic, caramelized onions, and loads of butter, and a warm bun to wipe the plate with. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Question for March 17th:

Oven baked potatoes with plenty of butter with a dash of salt.

Of course: mashed, scalloped, french fried, hash browns, salad, etc. all have a place in my heart and my stomach.

Best baked potatoes I've had was from Russian fast food chain  Kroshka Kartoshka (meaning "little spud"). Conceptually, it's like submarine sandwich places, but with huge baked potatoes where they mash the inside of the skin and add scoops of your choice of toppings. That single potato is a full meal in itself.

%D0%91%D0%B5%D0%B7%20%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%B5%

caption.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Question for March 17th:

Prob mashed or fries (if I had to pick a fast food, Wendy's old recipe fries, before they went the sea salt leave the skin on some of them. Just big straight cut fries...yum!). Oddly, I've never been much of a baked potato fan.

Remember people, what goes down green comes out a darker shade of green!! HSPD!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1