ManvsMini

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/15/2020 at 1:41 AM, ManvsMini said:

Question for March 15th:

Will you drink milk (be it of cow or soy or almond origin) after its expiration or "best by" date? How many days post-date are you willing to give it?

Not that I drink a lot of milk, but if it smells ok, sure.

On 3/16/2020 at 1:21 AM, ManvsMini said:

Question for March 16th:

So you've gotten home a late from work/school/whatever. You still need to eat dinner, but want to have time to paint/hobby before bedtime. Do you still take the time to cook a decent dinner, or throw something in the microwave? Or go with delivery?

I'd generally stop on the way and grab something or hit a drivethru, unless I knew there were very tasty leftovers.
But I expect I'll then be too tired to paint.

12 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Question for March 17th:

Happy St. Patrick's Day! What's your favorite way(s) to enjoy the famed staple of the Irish diet, the potato?

Yes.

Really, a toss up between poutine, fries in gravy, straight cut crispy fries, baked potatoes, potato skins, garlic mashed, scalloped potatoes, seasoned wedges, perogies, oven roasted,  pan fried, hash, potato chips, and anything else I've forgotten.

About the only ones I'm not big on are soggy crinkle cut fries (but I'll still eat them) and anything seasoned with dill (real or artificial) (which I won't eat, but that has EVERYTHING to do with the dill, not the poor ruined potato.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Question for March 17th:

Happy St. Patrick's Day! What's your favorite way(s) to enjoy the famed staple of the Irish diet, the potato?

Hands down mashed is my favorite. Unfortunately, we only eat mashed potatoes at holidays. My wife has been watching calories for a couple of years now (and it's working, she's down over 80 pounds during that time) and adding all the tasty stuff to make good mashed potatoes really ramps up the calories versus just popping some fingerlings in the oven with a bit of salt and pepper. In solidarity I'm no longer mashing potatoes, but man do I sure miss them.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Question for March 17th:

French fries are great, but I prefer mine barrel-shaped (tater tots) or in those tater tot-esque triangles that school lunches used to serve. Oh, those were delicious. As for poutine, never had it, but to quote Ed O'Neill from "Modern Family", I'm not poutine that in my mouth... not until I know what cheese curd by itself tastes like.

Mashed potatoes (no lumps!) can never be passed up.

• Like 7

15 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Question for March 17th:

The potato is one of the most versatile ingredients, I love them.

Mashed, gratin, baked, cooked, fries, rösti, chips...all of them.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Question for March 17th:

16 hours ago, redambrosia said:

All The Ways.

This. So much this.

Potatoes are awesome.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Question for March 17th:

Do you know what an Irish 7 course dinner consists of?

A six pack and a baked potato.

17 hours ago, redambrosia said:

All The Ways.

This. My grandparents on both sides were Irish. It's a rare potato dish I can't cook.

Tonight they're stewing with a corned beef.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

On 3/16/2020 at 10:04 AM, TGP said:

Actual answer is: None of the above. There are three other options, that, for me, are all more likely than those presented in the question. 

Nobody has posted my option #3 yet. 

And no one ever did....

This is Not a new question, just belated followup (with the three new things numbered):

On 3/15/2020 at 11:21 PM, ManvsMini said:

The Question from March 16th with more options:

So you've gotten home a late from work/school/whatever. You still need to eat dinner, but want to have time to paint/hobby before bedtime. Do you still take the time to cook a decent dinner, or throw something in the microwave? Or go with delivery? (1) Make something cold, like PB&J and crisps?  (2) Grab fast food or takeout on the way home? (3) Eat nothing, put the fasting back into breakfast... 

:blues:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 5

On 3/14/2020 at 4:17 AM, ManvsMini said:

Question for March 14th:

Happy Pi Day (3.14)! Will you be having some pie to celebrate? What's the most interesting type of pie you've ever had (sweet or savory, share whichever your tastebuds prefer)?

My housemate makes the most amazing apple caramel pie that I've ever tasted. Sadly, we didn't have any on Pi Day ::(:

On 3/15/2020 at 4:41 AM, ManvsMini said:

Question for March 15th:

Will you drink milk (be it of cow or soy or almond origin) after its expiration or "best by" date? How many days post-date are you willing to give it?

I can't even remember a time when moo juice even got to its expiry date in this house. We drink far too much tea for that to happen!

On 3/16/2020 at 4:21 AM, ManvsMini said:

Question for March 16th:

So you've gotten home a late from work/school/whatever. You still need to eat dinner, but want to have time to paint/hobby before bedtime. Do you still take the time to cook a decent dinner, or throw something in the microwave? Or go with delivery?

I'd probably just get some takeout on the way home. If I start cooking, I'll get distracted and then I'll never get round to painting.

17 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Question for March 17th:

Any of the ways, but chunky chips( or 'fries' to those across the Atlantic) covered with lashings of salt and vinegar is my favourite. Preferably from a proper Chip Shop, but homemade is good as well.

A happy St Patrick's Day to one and all!

5712bbd85c245dbb1d287c838a5fb29d.jpg.3c6b05f9605d7c159915697f4230cf5d.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

What are “bangers”?

They're delicious, fatty sausages. Well, I think they're delicious- I haven't had any since I went to the Dark Side at 12.

To be honest, I thought any questions would have been about the black and white puddings ::P:

• Like 5