ManvsMini

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Question for March 19th:

According to the calendar, it's National Let's Laugh Day, which I think many of us could possibly use right now (both in USA and internationally). Share a joke, or a funny story, to help brighten our day.

One day I ran into a smelly goblin. He convinced me to follow him to a realm run by avatars of Death and full of crazy people. Good times were had.

Point of the story: the crazy people are reading this right now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

14 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Question for March 19th:

According to the calendar, it's National Let's Laugh Day, which I think many of us could possibly use right now (both in USA and internationally). Share a joke, or a funny story, to help brighten our day.

A rabbit is taking a nr. 2 in the woods.

Suddenly a bear appears and sits down next to the rabbit to do the same.

After a moment the bear asks, don't you mind getting a little Poo on your fur?

Not really the rabbit answers.

Great! The bear replies, grabs the rabbit and wipes his behind with him..

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

On 3/18/2020 at 12:43 AM, ManvsMini said:

Question for March 18th:

In the epic battle for your sweet tooth: milkshakes or root beer floats? Which flavor of ice cream, or brand of root beer?

Probably a milkshake, but I am flexible on the subject (although the milkshake must be made with actual ice cream).

I don't think I've had a float of any kind in many years.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Question for March 19th:

I joined a group that was playing arcanus because the person I was waiting for at the game shop did not show.

I had apparently showed up in the session where they were walking into a boss battle. I was given a generic thief two levels below the party. the idea was I could just scout and open doors. I do just that as we make our way through the dungeon. 

the boss room is a big room. circle in the middle with a demon lord trapped in the middle. around it are a pair of summoners, and some kind of evil priest, backed up by weird super heavy armor guards. I knew I couldn't hit anything in that room without getting at least an 18. So I figured I'd just do something to annoy the enemy maybe get them out of position. I threw a qualls feather token "tree" between the priest and summoner. since I needed only a 10 to hit an empty square it was an easy shot. Tree lands where I wanted it. I hadn't really thought about the fact that the circle runs through the square I just hucked a tree into. the circle breaks. The demon lord gives a thumbs up, and then eats the evil priest whole. he spends the next two turns pulping the summoners, then disappears back to where ever he came from.

"that was supposed to be a much longer fight"

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 11

6 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

Question for March 20th:

Are you a fan of mythology? Which are you most familiar with (Greek/Norse/Mesopotamian/Arthurian/etc)?

Every once in a while I'll go on a mythological research frenzy. The last time I did this a few years ago, it was Norse that I was looking into, so currently that's probably the one I remember the most about. Although my ranting on Agamenthar the Coffee God, the Great Pumpkin, etc as well as a lot of my usual topics are slowing becoming a mythos of sorts, and I am very tempted to put down the bs I have so far into baked tablets, bury them in the yard and hope that I can be the cause for academic debate, controversy, and conspiracy theories made by historians in future centuries. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

Question for March 20th:

Are you a fan of mythology? Which are you most familiar with (Greek/Norse/Mesopotamian/Arthurian/etc)?

I am quite interested in all forms of mythology, Agamenthar included. I am particularly fond of Overly Sarcastic Productions for their coverage of the subject, and I want to thank @Pingo for introducing me to such an awesome channel. ::):

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

Question for March 20th:

Are you a fan of mythology?

Sure. It’s interesting. 

29 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

Which are you most familiar with (Greek/Norse/Mesopotamian/Arthurian/etc)?

In order...least familiar to most:

1. Mesopotamian. 

2. Norse. 

3. Greek. 

4. Arthurian***

***this is more folklore; but do you suppose mythologyies were all once folklore, but are now all just very ancient folklore??

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Question for March 20th:

I know enough not to anger a god in their domain. That's bad juju there.

I have a passing familiarity with Greek, Norse, Shinto, Hindu, Buddhist, Choctaw, Voodoo, and Lovecraftian mythologies and with standard Abrahamic demonology.

Edited by NebulousMissy
words
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Question for March 20th:

You could say that, yeah...

In my time I’ve read all of those. Since I read Mesopotamian most recently (and am still diving through it) I’d say that’s most familiar to me, but I have an acquaintance as well with Greek, Japanese, British, Scandinavian, Roman (which ain’t anything the same as Greek, I don’t care what anyone says), Persian, Arabic, Balkan, Italian, a wee smidgen of Aboriginal Australian, Navajo, Ashanti, Hindu, and probably a bunch of others that have slipped my mind.

I like mythology.

Edited by Pingo
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3