ManvsMini

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/21/2020 at 12:38 AM, ManvsMini said:

Question for March 22nd:

Show us what's on the painting table, and what you're hobbying on. Bonus points if it has green on it (in late-observance of St. Patrick's Day).

The green has gone**  and there have been changes to the desk area:

6D84575A-218D-47CE-8758-ACF8758FBB25.thumb.jpeg.318190a9cc4077819a50445faebc9290.jpeg

**(Nope!  wait... it’s still there; Mamba Timur, heavily armored, base-coated, snake-man snuck into the background—upper left)

7 hours ago, redambrosia said:

799B376A-18E6-4032-BB9D-E5EC8600C074.thumb.jpeg.6728a27f2c1fe125a590229bb0b0d6d2.jpeg

Thats my desk right now. Not much painting happening there. -_-

Sephy left her d20 on the desk!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, redambrosia said:
9 hours ago, TGP said:

Sephy left her d20 on the desk!

Actually, we had to take it away. She was taking chunks out of it with her teeth :lol: :rolleyes:

She’s a little young to be shaving Dice! <_<

• Haha 4

On 3/20/2020 at 1:13 AM, ManvsMini said:

Question for March 20th:

Are you a fan of mythology? Which are you most familiar with (Greek/Norse/Mesopotamian/Arthurian/etc)?

Not particularly. Though as a long time RPG gamer I've probably read up on more of it than your average person. A lot of the critters we paint up have interesting origins in our cultural tales. 

I used to enjoy reading a lot of Greek and Roman mythology and folklore when I considered myself a bit of a history buff. Not because I was necessarily interested in those tales, but because you can sometimes find a glimpse into how people lived in those stories.

On 3/21/2020 at 1:38 AM, ManvsMini said:

Question for March 21st & 22nd:

Show us what's on the painting table, and what you're hobbying on. Bonus points if it has green on it (in late-observance of St. Patrick's Day).

Got a couple of cats primed, some Reaper figures I'm working through, patching and repainting sections of the Stygian Barge, and I'm planning on priming and mounting on bases the Midlam female bandits. Not much green in any of that.

20200322_125729.thumb.jpg.5a4dafbc4539b32a6055c966d9f404ee.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Well, you asked for it:

971811717_Workspace20200321.jpg.a8ca1bfcf5805cdd3ff44dee8703c76a.jpg

I was working on my paint journal.  When I took this picture, I had just finished my small collection of Vallejo Game Color paints.  (For the Vallejo paints, I was also adding hematite beads as agitators.)

The journal is just about done, at least until Bones paint 6 arrives this week.  I have the set of Scale75 coppers left to do.  I'm debating if I want to add the Citadel and Army Painter washes to it.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I haven't painted a mini in at least six months.  I am listening to various Irish fight songs though. :winkthumbs:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, ecs05norway said:

Mmm. My workbench is a bit of a mess right now... and no green at the moment. I've been working on some L5R/ClanWars Doji House Guard, so lots of blue and white.

I'm curious what your definition of a mess is.  Several of us have posted "messy" desks ^_^

• Like 4

Didn't get much done here in the free time. Spent most of the weekend either running necessary errands or isolating myself from my parents after going out (just being cautious as we live in the same house, luckily big enough). What I did get done was cutting and carving some foam dungeon tiles out of greenish foam. Didn't get a pic, the good camera is downstairs and I didn't want to risk getting it.

• Like 6