This Grenadier Hydra (SKU 124) has been languishing on my painting table for a really long time (maybe 30 years), so I decided it was time to finish it once and for all.  I wanted it to have a similar color scheme to the Grenadier Hydra Dragon (SKU 9911) I painted 30+ years ago, in one weekend (to get it ready for the game on Sunday afternoon).

It is a true oldie, with a bunch of that old mini charm, but it has a serious lean.  I didn't realize how bad it actually was until I glued it together after painting.

318134267_Grenadier124DwarfHydra1.thumb.JPG.ae97159e5542b8a5c86eb0ece9c64321.JPG

1467677691_Grenadier124DwarfHydra2.thumb.JPG.c54e126186316022e3a1eab9cd0d4685.JPG

1170997169_Grenadier124DwarfHydra3.thumb.JPG.2f8246ddf6b86f6b5ea43c80c00fb38c.JPG

567409290_Grenadier.thumb.JPG.9a3df7301f8653ecfb1c1aceb7a046b7.JPG

• Like 17
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Iridil
      This fellow has been lurking at the bottom of a drawer or box for over 30 years.... I finally painted him up. It was actually a bit irritating somehow... I guess that's why he sat in nothing more than a coat of primer and a red shield for so long! Not sure the maker, maybe citadel? He is on a metal part for the slot base that helpfully says 'orc'. All this time later, I love him just for nostalgia and remembering my dad painting up all those orcs... and we never used the minis in play!

• By Restless
      I sculpted this 5 headed nightmare 🙂 Made a post about it here https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/95758-goosedra/
      And as promised, I painted it!

• By Restless
      I saw a picture online of an angry 5 headed white goose suggested as a custom monster for D&D. And I just couldn't resist 😄 Behold, the dreaded GOOSEDRA!
      I will make a separate thread in Painting Show Off once I paint it 🙂

Close up of the heads

This wants to be a Chinese Goose head.

And of course I had to have the memed Untitled Goose with a knife head

And a Canada Goose Head as the leader

The other 2 heads I'll paint as Greylag geese

This is how I made it.

• By Chaoswolf
      I just finished painting this figure yesterday. It's from the old Grenadier boxed set 'Fighting Men' #2005. Not really a whole lot to say about him, I spent about 3 hours painting him to a good tabletop level. I got a little burned out on painting for a while, feeling like I had to paint everything to a competition level. Well, sometimes it's just fun to slap some paint on a figure in a few hours just to take your mind off of other things. I had just forgotten that somewhere along the way.

Anyhow, here he is, let me know what you think.

• By 72moonglum
      And good evening to all of you of the Reaper persuasion,

So just finished photographing this guy this afternoon.  This is an Earth Elemental, originally from a blister pack of three minis, this guy, the Earth Elementals Lord I painted a few days back and an interesting looking iguana-like Earth Familiar, which is on my docket next.  This was sculpted by Jim Johnson and released somewhere in the nineties.  Fun figure to paint, not a drop of metal, but all sorts of different earth tones.  The only un-earthy tones are the crystals in his spine, which I painted blue.  I wanted to originally paint them green to match the crystal in the Shaman's staff, but I didn't think there would be enough contrast between the grass/moss around the stones.

The little iguana familiar will be next!

Enjoy!
  • Who's Online   17 Members, 1 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)