Jump to content

Starmane, Unicorn 02151: Project 1 of 2 for Fealron


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5563FA21-05ED-4B96-97EA-83AA5B102FDC.jpeg.96db47c7108b6780c6b92cff1387811b.jpeg

C2F88F13-D04F-4C26-B0E2-B16A55AE05AB.jpeg.55e4c653d9d8a33af2a48004a4f9754a.jpeg

FBCF147C-AF2B-44D1-AA60-479930CA7C73.jpeg.e9317333b4f6d0c54639772451f3bc3f.jpeg

2220E639-A635-468D-94E7-B54EF9704921.jpeg.8a178f15ce30e2fec4bda9196daa5d88.jpeg

222546A2-080C-4C55-B5C8-5E15A6221C15.jpeg.214df574ea43ffbdf689e808ae1eafbe.jpeg

DEFD6A7E-0B96-4298-95F8-BDC3AA894DE3.jpeg.00b1811a7b25f05f5fd8456d0905689c.jpeg

3AF512F0-50D7-47A7-AF1C-B5E83278B5F0.jpeg.563b50757d397e334f20446ec1edddb2.jpeg

2A97C34F-7A58-44A3-8D7B-16B163F19079.jpeg.d4d9f181a6c8614dcd7c97ccb329909d.jpeg

53271EAA-6A3B-473E-9239-5E56A8D8DE0C.jpeg.fc52efe6a2f2e857a1a8292d5463bfae.jpeg

 

The coat started Dragon White.  Then I worked light to dark through the Dusky Skin triad.  Darkest areas included mixing in Nightshade Purple.

 

I was working on two goals here: transitioning the coat from dark at the feet (corrupted the most) to white on the non-corrupted “islands.”  Then, shadowing these areas and trying to blend it all together.  There was a fair amount of losing ground, gaining ground, dilute glazing, etc.  push-pull, if you will.

79AD3B28-3F0A-469C-A09A-9AEF8EBAD1EC.jpeg.63156182872dc23a6f8005a28fd6e6ec.jpeg
F4BB7F81-B2CF-4FEE-AA8C-C072812FF8A5.jpeg.059822d9f91417d3f2011fc8516f68db.jpeg

0702A83F-CC9A-4E1E-BE24-6EE8E0BE0DA1.jpeg.2a86a49ac8dae4a88cea254c5d651c94.jpeg

 

The horn: Desert Stone, Agrax Earthshade, Dirty Bone, and Splintered Bone.

  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks, Wolf!

 

660BAB32-72F0-4CE2-94C0-AF42595BB0F6.jpeg.813dac2b8311b61e34310c6674b4573b.jpeg

7E441BC4-A032-4794-8E52-8B5EDA7E293D.jpeg.d520885f6f16e9f05a2aa61fc05150b0.jpeg

3F4A9095-FB1B-404A-9BD6-63F587427A7B.jpeg.ef505a8bd1d3af4be524b7b981a5642e.jpeg

E56E1A5B-0A36-4C77-B6A5-58815CA2DF72.jpeg.785118f7ca309a73491522bb359db985.jpeg

The eyes: Red Liner, Splattered Crimson, Gory Red, Clear Red, then added a little Hearth Glow, Clear Yellow and Dragon White.  I don’t think I snapped all the stages, I just kept trying to build it up to a glowing red eye if possible.

8198174B-6971-4A58-AF66-529AB215913E.jpeg.ca52a60b8f6f93eb087621a0da26eded.jpeg

1CCB739D-0900-4486-9DA4-7C795D49D51F.jpeg.2ea07f752a1d25ad17e19ddba340c6aa.jpeg

16753BF6-D02C-42AC-B84F-88E7300BD303.jpeg.dce896e96b2543f72845fd079db54c1e.jpeg

5A68611C-26E0-490F-97C8-CC1D2104D230.jpeg.9eecf1f1787d8ffe2c4f6cd04cf7c8d3.jpeg

188EE93A-D65C-4ABB-8C91-2EAB5E3990BA.jpeg.fc1d623a0614a34f58dafa5a2c88d336.jpeg

77AA612D-231A-4EB1-A807-6A1ABF691796.jpeg.46a3ce311349dd6611c79269b0548038.jpeg

 

The first of these is showing more blending of the coat.  What followed were adding more and more highlight around the eyes, forehead hair, and under the horn in an attempt to do some OSL.

  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

D049E4E2-2AC5-465D-9CB4-A3E0D82E60DB.jpeg.3995946e3f2e56438a2b71ae0068d8d8.jpeg

 

Here was a few dilute washes of Bloodletter.  I think I added some Clear Red.  I thought the highlighting underneath would show through more, but it didn’t.  I’ll admit I didn’t like how this part came out.  I’m not a master of OSL for sure, but thought I’d make a mess of things if I tried to un-OSL it, or tweak much with it.

 

B28EE218-0315-4F35-ADF1-4FF2775EE5EE.jpeg.1b5e2f77ac3c645225ba433402ae3ea8.jpeg

19893F0D-668C-4923-A67F-2E1290EFB83C.jpeg.39c583fa0459b9fd8fae3663f4cee6eb.jpeg

 

Here you can see the brightening of the eyes I mentioned earlier.  I got the eye glow to a level I was happy with, I just don’t think the glow on the surroundings reads right.  
 

You can see I added some dirt to the hooves, and drybrushed the base.  Fealron asked for simple basing, as these will be gaming pieces.  That allowed me time to do more models.

 

551FEC43-67F5-4259-92BF-67B18309DF52.jpeg.0a03005f74ee9332b5146c6ada7f843c.jpeg

09FACA8A-C11F-4861-8D29-7A0F8F52D8FC.jpeg.1e5cf7ca33a87992db19c21a27084147.jpeg

The base was Walnut Brown, Green Ochre, Dirty Bone.  This was put on the hooves.  The hooves were then toned down with Agrax Earthshade.

 

The blood spatter was Splattered Crimson, Gory Red, Fresh Blood and Holly Berry.

 

And that was that!  I’ll post it to Show Off soon.

  • Like 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...