Sign in to follow this  
lexomatic

psychedelic blightfang 77323

This is a really early placeholder, because I have inspiration pictures, and who knows if the  book will be lost when I'm ready. I need to find my dragon.

I'm also inspired by (I think it was @Corporea  's chibi coco lion?)

Would love any tips for preparation and how to deal with scales with my chosen pattern (paisley).

20200301_193337.jpg

20200301_193301.jpg

Edited by lexomatic
  • Like 13

11 minutes ago, Egg of Coot said:

Progress on this should be wild to watch . . .

The Egg

It will probably take years. That's what you meant by wild, right?

This is some inspiration here. Totally misremembered it, so I'm glad I dug it up.

Go ahead and like bomb if you missed it the first time.

• Like 4

I got some craft paints.  Reaper paints for details.

Deco Art Americana: primary blue, dioxazine purple, lavender, berry cobbler,  vivid violet.

20200312_211917.jpg

• Like 6

I did some washing and dry fit... ha e people typically had problems? Mine does not seem to fit well together. I'll see after a boil. I trimmed mold lines and that helped a bit.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, lexomatic said:

I did some washing and dry fit... ha e people typically had problems? Mine does not seem to fit well together. I'll see after a boil. I trimmed mold lines and that helped a bit.

I didn't have any issues with Blightfang when I was working on mine, but it might've been an outlier?

I had a glue fail on the tail... it wont hold for me without pinning. How long should I leave it to cure and what can I do for cleaning it? Just a normal prep clean? This is being annoying already.

I have to look for pinning supplies with no idea where they are.

Held in place by pins (except wings and base, but base will get some). Will glue head/neck and tail today and maybe rest after base coats because I will need to fully blend transition from pinks to purples. Though wings last. I still need access to the spines.

20200321_145626.jpg

• Like 7

Did most base coats, but will need to do more purple. Stuff was very thin.

Pics. 2 coats vs 1 coat of pink20200321_224232.thumb.jpg.534223adc957df64f909bd7cebcad19a.jpg

Current state20200321_224122.thumb.jpg.ee28961cf4c27774d9d73afe9c356c15.jpg

• Like 9