Sign in to follow this  
blargney

New project: Kaladrax Reborn

I made up a big old mess of clay, glue, water, and toilet paper, then splortched it around 75% of the base before I ran out.  I'll find out over the next few days how this experiment works out. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

20200610_020551.jpg

• Like 6

It's likely to be the better part of a week for that terrain mix to cure.  But I think we're coming up quickly on the end of the build phase!

20200610_184156.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I'm working on the flooring.  Made a stain and soaked the sticks overnight.  Got to figure out how to assemble them solidly and then secure them to the structure.

20200613_150445.jpg

• Like 6

First section of floor is assembled.  I glued them to a 3mm thick chunk of plywood I liberated from a crate of tangerines.  Should be pretty solid, I think!

20200614_012129.jpg

• Like 9

The top sides of the floors are all assembled, and the bottom side sticks are soaking in my swamp water homebrew stain overnight.

I've also cut the front door shapes out.  I still need to figure out how I'm designing them and what materials I'll use.

• Like 1