Jump to content

Lost Kingdom Miniatures 3D Maghmorin Dwarfs' ziggurat Terrain KS April 6th


SamuraiJack
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a bit bold to tie a stretch goal to how many Patreon supporters they have.  Rather unprofessional too.

 

Most of the stretch goals appear to be tied to how many people pledge to Kickstarter as well, which is...  Not as encouraging in my eyes.

 

Nice looking stuff, but that Patreon part....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

A stupid question maybe, ( still thinking of a 3D printer).

 

The terrain is meant for MDF printing.

The Minis for SLA ( Resin) printing.

 

Suppose I buy a resin printer, does that mean I can't print the terrain then?

 

You can, just terrain doesn't need to be refined like minis + the bed size. Most terrain really is too big for SLA printers right now.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
4 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

That's a bit bold to tie a stretch goal to how many Patreon supporters they have.  Rather unprofessional too.

 

Most of the stretch goals appear to be tied to how many people pledge to Kickstarter as well, which is...  Not as encouraging in my eyes.

 

Nice looking stuff, but that Patreon part....

 

It's becoming more common

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

A stupid question maybe, ( still thinking of a 3D printer).

 

The terrain is meant for MDF printing.

The Minis for SLA ( Resin) printing.

 

Suppose I buy a resin printer, does that mean I can't print the terrain then?

@Glitterwolf resin printers give much smoother prints, but cost a lot more to print.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SamuraiJack said:

 

It's becoming more common

I'd argue it's a pretty stupid move.  Hey, I'm asking for you to invest your money in my project for the hope of something to come, and while we're at it give me even more money for this Patreon thing.... And I'm going to lock stuff behind said Patreon - a tool designed for supporting people and projects you care about - instead of sticking with just one platform, and no, I don't understand why you're making paywall references. 

 

It's one thing to plug your Patreon, it's another to tie it into a Kickstarter. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Corsair said:

@Glitterwolf resin printers give much smoother prints, but cost a lot more to print.

 

5 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

And generally have much smaller beds.

 

The Auld Grump

 

12 hours ago, haldir said:

 

You can, just terrain doesn't need to be refined like minis + the bed size. Most terrain really is too big for SLA printers right now.

 

From the look of it those temples are printed in parts.

I'm still in debate about buying a 3D printer or not.

I would go for an Anycubic if I did ( resin) but would it be possible to print those parts on such a bed or not?

I'm wondering and thinking if it would be worth backing or not.

 

In the Netherlands/Europe one can have 3D prints printed in shops but those are so expensive I rather not.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Dan d'Lyon said:

It all depends on how they've cut up the parts. Need to know the size of them to determine if they'll fit on the print bed.  Could probably ask them if you'll be able to print with the photon.

 

It's also relatively straight forward to make your own cuts with MeshMixer.  Just depends on you feelings toward learning another software application.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Clearman said:

 

It's also relatively straight forward to make your own cuts with MeshMixer.  Just depends on you feelings toward learning another software application.

 

That's an idea.

1 hour ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

I hate all these darn 3d Printable KSs. They're more affordable, but I have to actually buy a printer before they're of use to me...

 I agree,

4 hours ago, Dan d'Lyon said:

It all depends on how they've cut up the parts. Need to know the size of them to determine if they'll fit on the print bed.  Could probably ask them if you'll be able to print with the photon. 

 

Thx!

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well I've asked them if it would be possible to print that terrain on an Anycubic and how the parts will be cut.

If I buy a 3D Printer I would probably go for that one.

So maybe if the answer is to my liking I will back.

 

Still concerned about resin fumes though, th window in my hobby room can't be opened. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...