Sign in to follow this  
Darcstaar

14475 Raptor, Warlord Reptus

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, sorry for this guy lack of decent clothing. I guess it makes sense to be dressed like this when you're a slave fighting in the scorching arena of Thule.
      This Warlord 14652, Necropolis Chattel model was sculpted by Stefan Niehues.

• By Kangaroorex
      continuing my quest to paint down some of my metal mountain of dragons is my second Green Dragon II from Grenadier.  I wound up with multiple copies of this dragon (I wont say how many but i still have another in its original box...) so when i noticed that i had primed this one a while ago, i decided to try the painting method from Mocha's painting a Rocky class during Reapercon (thanks @Mocha I am getting a lot of use out of that technique and it has definitely helped me with contrast in everything I paint) of starting with the darkest colors and working up to the brightest.  This is the result of my trial with the dragon of the month series .  I decided that since they liked swamps and other watery environments, i would give her a bed of dry river rocks in an underground cave.  (hey everyone likes a comfy bed but nobody really likes a wet bed!) so i started with the base the miniature came with and expanded from there bringing the rocks out from there.  The first pass had them all a monotone color which left the base looking almost black and white against the green dragon.  Interesting but not what i wanted.  Some colored inks later and we have a nice bed of various colored rocks!

She comes out really vibrant with lots of shadow and contrast really nice!  About my only fault is i haven't given much thought to handling a different colored belly scale and how a significantly lighter scale would work given the steady darkening as the light lowers past the widest parts of the model. Oh well, maybe next time.

For comparison, this is the same dragon I did about a decade ago:

I like both but i dont have to guess about which one will catch the most attention, even though it took far less time and skill.  I am happy to give both of them a home, though i should probably give the older one a new base and maybe fix a few of his chips and dings (honorably gotten eating unwary PCs and their horses!)

Hope you enjoy them!

• By Kangaroorex
      As the year wears on i continue to complete my personal challenge of 12 dragons in 12 months.  (I have to go count but i think i am there...  not sure though so I keep it up!)  this is another oldie but goodie from the third Dragon of the month series by Grenadier.  this was the January offering, the black dragon.  I decided that this dragon liked his underground layer so the base is done as a broken river skree.  the large open space made me add a small geode, just to see if i could do it.

The dragon is painted with dark blacks and Purple shadow (which actually looks darker than the black so there!)  Then i used some new wax paints i acquired to bring up the colors on the highlights to give him a shiny scale and brightness.  I think this is the first time i have created a dragon that actually looks black but still has lots of texture and contrast. 

Again congrats to grenadier for acquiring some really lovely sculpts and turning them out back when high definition was not a popular feature.  there is a lot to see on this dragon, right down to the small row of teeth that line the edges of his closed mouth.  I had a lot of fun painting him.  I hope you enjoy him too!

• By Gantrell
      Simple paint job for the Mushroom King. I wanted it to be all white, like a typical mushroom from your refrigerator, but that was way too boring. But I do like the small pops of color here and there. 
      As always comments and critiques welcomed and encouraged!

• By Metalchaos
      Good Friday everyone, here are pictures of the mini I'll be using as a necromancer in my upcoming D&D game.
      14060, Leisynn the mercenary mage is one of my top 5 favorite model. It was sculpted by Tim Prow for the Warlord game.

• Who's Online   16 Members, 1 Anonymous, 29 Guests (See full list)