Sign in to follow this  
ReaperAHawk

ReaperCon ReaperLive 3/12/20 class Registration Question & Discussion

Agreed.  I think the thing that annoyed me the most about the old method was it was for the sake of the schedule, but even though both classes and gaming were through Growtix, they didn't interact and it was still possible to conflict, so I have to build my own offline schedule anyway. 

Two years ago was the first time I used Growtix, and I put several classes in my schedule and didn't even realize for a couple of weeks there was another step. From the sounds of people arriving thinking they were in a class but weren't, I'll say I'm all for making the process as simple as possible to handle buying the classes and I'll find a way to manage my schedule.

• Like 2

I’d prefer a one-step process of just buying the classes and keeping track of my schedule offline.

The issue I had with the previous process is that you could add a class to your schedule that appeared to be available, but then it wasn’t available when you went to check out.  It took me a while to even figure out how to check out.  it wasn’t intuitive at all.

Also I didn’t find it helpful at all to have my schedule in Growtix.  It was awkward to find it in the system, so I just wrote it down.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rubegon said:

I’d prefer a one-step process of just buying the classes and keeping track of my schedule offline.

The issue I had with the previous process is that you could add a class to your schedule that appeared to be available, but then it wasn’t available when you went to check out.  

Until it is paid for, and a specific ticket (seat 6 of 8 frex) is owned, only then is it meaningful to say it is on someone's schedule.

1 hour ago, rubegon said:

It was awkward to find it in the system, so I just wrote it down.

Big fan of just writing things down; that is me as well.

But I would settle for an easy way to capture and copy/paste the info into a TEXT app on my phone.

9 hours ago, OneBoot said:

I like that plan. It should eliminate the problem of people showing up who think they bought classes, but instead only ever put them on their schedule. (Granted I don't know how many that's happened to, but it's still something I know has happened.) 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

If @OneBoot and @Dilvish the Deliverer are voting for the same thing...

7 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

I'm another one in the shopping cart camp.

I'd like to vote with them.

• Like 1

This is the 19th post to this thread.

Subtracting the three made by @ReaperAHawk that leaves 15 opinions plus this tally.

Of the 15 opinions, the majority express a preference for the Shopping Cart by a clear margin [10 distinct opinions].

GEM

I may or may not take a class this year but I will run a few games. Anything to help people get into my games easier is what I'd vote for. Last time I came down to RC, Growtix was in it's initial year with RCon & it was a major PiTa for me. Schedules got pushed back by a hour one day, so my 10 AM game on Saturday was at 9 am. (here I was eating breakfast at 9 that morning!!). Out of 6 games I wanted to run that weekend, I only got in 2 due to schedule conflicts + other things.

I can always do my own scheduling & I'm sure allot of Congoers do the same.

• Like 1

My problem with the Growtix system was I'd log in, then I'd go to my ticket.. then go to buy classes and Growtix would show me as not being logged in and not having a ticket to attach the classes to.. and then classes I wanted were sold out.  I know how to use it now, and it's still really clunky. I get paid to figure out and break software  and it would be easier with a shopping cart method.

• Like 4

Growtix.  If you can't say something nice about something, then don't say anything at all.

However, I'm not sure I'm in favor of a shopping car.  I am in favor of anything other than Growtix.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Highlander said:

Growtix.  If you can't say something nice about something, then don't say anything at all.

However, I'm not sure I'm in favor of a shopping car.  I am in favor of anything other than Growtix.

Unless you are dealing with a system that is promoted as a consumer friendly interface for a specific purpose and that interface is a fail for too many of the prospective users.

It then becomes necessary for the prospective users to notify the people who have contracted with Growtix that the system isn't working in the fashion that was promoted, and therefore harming the organization that selected Growtix in the first place..

The Growtix system is a Beta Release in its design and functionality as it isn't user friendly and there isn't enough of a tutorial available from Growtix itself to help walk the people having difficulty through the system.  The fact that there are enough computer literate people on these forums to help walk people through is irrelevant, as not everyone who goes to Reapercon is on these forums and, Growtix shouldn't be depending on their customers user base to provide the technical support for their software.

The problems with Growtix software have been known for long enough that they should have been addressed and resolved by now. 

GEM

• Like 3

Agreed.  I work in software, so I know how challenging building an intuitive user experience is.  It's one thing for a specialty software package used only by employees to require a certain amount of training. however, it is a UX failure when a customer facing interface should require training.  it's an even worse kind of failure when said training has to come from users of the software and not from the software vendor itself.

• Thanks 1