Sign in to follow this  
kericmason

AFK - web series last season, players wake up in MMORPG world

AFK Season Three - The Final Season!
Help us conclude New Zealand's most epic fantasy / gaming webseries.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pghaynes/afk-season-three/description

I just found this series, and they have supercuts of the first two seasons.  There are also some extra shorts they did you can see on their youtube channel.  So there is 5 or 6 hours of viewing for any of you that are self-isolating or are just looking for something to watch.

People who'd been playing a fantasy MMORPG wake up as their characters in that world.  Can they survive the wilderness, and other players (you know the ones who make the game miserable)?  Can they find a way home?  Do they want to find a way home?

It's quite fun and engaging IMO, and if anyone wants to throw them a few NZD to get the end of the story done, I think we'll have a great thing for gamers to enjoy for generations to come.

It's a nice touching series with a good heart. It could have focused on being jokey and quirky but it likes to remind us that these characters are real people too. As far as I'm aware they didn't even do a kickstarter for season 2. It was a pleasant surprise for many of us season 1 backers.

Edited by Balgin Stondraeg

In light of the pandemic, and the need for everyone to ensure they have enough money to cover the necessities of life, the project has been cancelled.

They will try again at a later date.