Sign in to follow this  
brushmistress

Secret Weapon Miniatures Pre Painted Bases Kickstarter Relaunch

A message from Secret Weapon:

Big news time everyone!

As many of our pledgers know, we need to adjust the Kickstarter - On the positive, we have a good amount of backers and we know that MANY of you are waiting to up your pledges. We have had a really positive response to the product itself, and lots of interest on the customer and retail side. We deeply appreciate this and your support.

BUT - we have a good amount of backers who are opting to wait on their $1 pledge. This is entirely our fault. We caused this when we locked our core offering behind stretch goals. There is no single item that is core. ALL the options are core. We made it so that many of you had to wait around to buy what you already knew they wanted.

That's a big boo boo, but it was made with the best of intentions. The system was set up so that there was no mandatory amount, and you added what you wanted and nothing more. We thought that this was better for the customer, but it quickly became obvious the vast majority of backers want jump-in points at set amounts like a usual KS... and weren't entirely sure about a pledge manager that was open during the campaign.

So, what are we going to do to fix this for you?
We are going to close the campaign, and relaunch it next week. That sucks and it's embarrassing. But ultimately everything else that happens is great for EVERYONE, because this is what happens next:

1.) ALL themes will be shown and unlocked right off the bat. If you want Urban Streets or Infinity, you just go get it, no hoops or delays to choosing what you want. You also know exactly what is on offer.

2.) There will be pledge levels: $50(+), $100(+) and $200(+). The 100 dollar + level will include a set of 3 weathering pigments (really really good ones too - Burning Sands, Dark Earth, and Rust Orange), and the 200 dollar + level will be the pigment set, and a set of 3 genuinely awesome paints. Secret Weapon's Rubber Highlight, Rubber and Tire Black, our most popular colors! At the end of the campaign you will use the Pledge Manager, as usual, to make whatever specific choices you want based on your KS pledge. The Pledge Manger will be available during the campaign for those that would like help figuring out a total pledge level, but that is optional, and you can wait until the end of the campaign to sign up.

3.) Each of the $50(+), $100(+) and $200(+) pledge levels will have 3 shipping zone options

Americas, Europe (NOT UK)
AU, NZ, Asia, Pacific
United Kingdom (NOT Europe)
4.) Any extra themes that are developed during the course of the KS will be added immediately, no stretch, we just give you the option as soon as it is available.

There will be 17 themes live at the time of launch, which doesn't count the licensed product from Corvus Belli and CMON Zombiecide.

PICTURE TIME

reaper.jpg

Obvious question due to paints being included in things: when is expected fulfillment?  I have to ask, because paint and Canadian winters really do not mix well. 

Additional question: for the $200 tier, is that a full pigment + fixer set, or just the pigments? ^_^

Canadian friendly shipping? 

12 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Obvious question due to paints being included in things: when is expected fulfillment?  I have to ask, because paint and Canadian winters really do not mix well. 

Additional question: for the $200 tier, is that a full pigment + fixer set, or just the pigments? ^_^

Canadian friendly shipping? 

At the $200 pledge, you will receive the Tire Black Trio and the Burning Sands, Dark Earth, and Rust Orange pigments. No fixative. :) Fulfillment is expected January of 2021. Canadian orders will be shipping from the US, so you'll have to pay any duties or taxes that would normally apply.

Hope that helps!

Jess

Edited by brushmistress

I also wanted to address a question I had read before on the last thread regarding how much texture the bases already had. I took some time this weekend to play around and do some spot repainting, and full repainting. Hope this helps as well!

KnightBaseRepaint.jpg

BeforeAndAfterRepaintsTownSquare.jpg

BaseRepaints.jpg

Edited by brushmistress
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

Will there be lower priced points of entry as well as the $50 minimum point spelled out there?

Hi Disciple of Sakura. $50 will be our lowest price point for this Kickstarter relaunch. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Glad to see it's live again.  How's support for 70mm round bases looking, due to the Silhouette 8 miniature Infinity has?  (Maghariba Guard) 

I like all of them...If forced to pick one though, for what I would use them for, it would be the top right.

having said that, it looks like I probably won't be able to support this one, AUD crashing against the USD makes it harder to find the funds

Nice!

Maybe upper right. That's generic enough for western, but also modern day model homes (eg. a museum). Lower left might be better for western and Lovecraft? Upper left is too dark for me.

@ratsmitglied : Bases should hit retail (and the SWM online store), so hopefully that will work for you when the bases come out!

BTW, SWM is located in Sacramento, CA, which is under lockdown. Expect orders for current stock to be delayed. Staff on (temporary) layoff. https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=secret weapon miniatures&epa=SEARCH_BOX

Edited by ced1106

1 hour ago, brushmistress said:

WhiteWulfe - We do not currently have plans to release a 70mm base.

That's a pity to hear, given one of the factions included in the Red Veil set uses said Silhouette 8 murderscorpion...  It would be nice to have a matching set. 

How many unique designs for each?  More specifically, the 25mm bases, since some Infinity forces can have a decent amount of minis on the table even for a 300/6 game. 

Will there be an option to add other Secret Weapon items in there, such as filling out the bonus pigments to the full range Secret Weapon offers?  Gotta ask because I suspect shipping even just a few sets of bases will wind up being rather expensive for international orders. (and for some reason, the full pigment set never came back on the Secret Weapon site, only a few combinations did) 

Edited by WhiteWulfe

18 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

How many unique designs for each?  More specifically, the 25mm bases, since some Infinity forces can have a decent amount of minis on the table even for a 300/6 game. 

Will there be an option to add other Secret Weapon items in there, such as filling out the bonus pigments to the full range Secret Weapon offers?  Gotta ask because I suspect shipping even just a few sets of bases will wind up being rather expensive for international orders. (and for some reason, the full pigment set never came back on the Secret Weapon site, only a few combinations did) 

Each design in a set will be unique, so a pack 10 25mm bases won't have duplicates. I don't know exactly how many designs for 25mm bases there are.

We have thought about add ons of other Secret Weapon products. What does everyone think? Pigments, paint sets? Your input is invaluable!

• Like 1

Pigments would be interesting to me, but given the planned January fulfilment I know I'd be avoiding paints.

How long will the pledge manager be open for after the Kickstarter?  Will one be able to add in additional funds by chance? ^_^

Paints in January, yeah, not a great idea in Maine, either.

Maybe a delayed delivery option for people with paints?

I like all the wood floors. Maybe favoring both on the right.

If I were to go in for anything, it's the wood patterns, they are a lot harder to paint than stones of any sort, at least if you want a decent grain.

Edited by PaganMegan
  • Like 1