• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maledrakh
      Have some Pride!
      Minis from the lovecraftian tentacled horror board game The Others: 7 Sins.

The Avatar of Pride

Leonine and resplendant. Unashamed. All Out. Pride.

The largest of all the Avatars, the base is a pillshaped 65mm x 45mm.

The Abominations of Pride:

25mm integral bases.
      The Abominations of Pride are a further exploration of Contrast paints. And as it so happens, they are slightly reminiscent of rainbow stripes when on parade.  This is in fact unintentional but at the same time oddly fitting.
      These were basecoated in a light cream colour, and then each was given a single coat of a different contrast paint.
      From the left: Creed Camo, Space Wolf Grey, Wildwood, Militarum Green, Plaguebearer Flesh, Darkoath Flesh.
      I then tried to drybrush them a bit, but the contrast paint came off in patches, not being strong enough to resist the mechanical rubbing of the bristles. *sigh* and here I thought I was being extra gentle.
      So this reinforces the earlier lesson of no drybrushing on contrast paints.
      I put some carroburg crimson shade wash on the ends of the limbs and tentacles, and later some thinned Mephiston Red regular paint. Eyes in blue, some teeth, black bases with black flockmix and done.

All that Pride, and not a shred of Dignity.

These are the last of all my The Others: 7 Sins minis. Now their to-be-painted-box in the shelf is all empty and hollow, ready to be filled by someting shiny and new! Time to prep some more of the HATE minis perhaps?

Avatar and Abominations of Pride
      From the base game set of The Others: 7 Sins boardgame, 2016
      Guillotine Games / Studio McVey / CMON
      PVC boardgame plastic
      The boardgame and some expansions should still be available in the wild but seem to be getting scarce.
    • By Maledrakh
      This is another mini in the Bones 4 Fan Favorites expansion that really should have been in the Lost Valley expansion. The Mammoth.

One of the tusks snapped in two because I have butterfingers and dropped the model to the floor at one point. This highlighted a crucial difference between the rigid and more brittle Bones Black material and the rubbery Classic Bones material that would not have snapped. (At least I have never had any classic Bones snap, and I have dropped quite a few of them, let me tell you. Also the large ones.)
      Luckily the break was clean and the tusk glued on without much ado nor filling or even filing needed. It had not even warped out of shape. Can you tell which tusk broke off by looking at the pictures?
      Mammoths dissappeared after the last Ice Age about 10.000 years ago, with a holdout herd on some remote island lasting up until about 4000 years ago. Exactly why they died out is cause for much speculation. I believe the answer is a rather down to earth; "them wuz good eatin' ". I hold no truck with the  modern myth that says ancient humans were living in harmony with nature. Humans will hunt and eat other species to extinction, and have done so innumerable times in the past.
      I think humans as a species are and always have been too selfish and too small minded to see the wider consequences of their actions. Witness the ongoing burning or clearing of rain forests all over the world, the rampant overfishing of international waters, or even just the dumping of garbage everywhere from litter on the streets to throwing wet wipes down the toilet. Short term gains (or even convenience) for individual groups of humans will in most cases win over longer term conservation of our environment unless conservation efforts are forcibly enforced in force by other forceful groups of humans who are willing to actually use force. Such is the sad state of the human condition.
      Oh well,
      In the expansion art during the kickstarter, it said "huge" next to the image, but when the shipment arrived, it was not all that huge...so they called it "pygmy mammoth". It is not really all that small when placed next to a human sized model. IRL a woolly mammoth could be around 4 metres tall.

Looks about right to me.  Maybe not the largest individiual that could exist, but still within normal size parameters. Still not "huge" though. "Huge" would be a proper Fantasy mammoth.

This mini was completed August 12th 2020

Pygmy Mammoth, from the Fan Favorites Expansion
      Bones 4 kickstarter, delivered 2019
      Reaper Miniatures
      Sculpted by Jason Wiebe
      Made in Bones Black PVC
      102x52mm bespoke 3D printed base
      available from reapermini.com
    • By Maledrakh
      I have been rooting around in the boxes of yore, and this gem was found hidden away deep within a pile of ancient metal.
      This one was built and partly painted, but also slightly damaged. The wrists have been bent to reposition the drumsticks, and one of them had snapped off. Some quick repairs and a sloppy paintjob later, ta-daa:

The "Arachno-Assassins" are a small lineup of six-armed skeletons that Reaper originally released sometime around the turn of the century in their white metal Dark Heaven line. They seem to still be available from Reaper, although none of them have made it into Bones PVC, which might be indicative of their sales potential. This is a pity as some of them are quite nice.
      I bought a few of them back in the day, and still have some in various states from bare metal through undercoated to painted-and-stashed-away-somewhere.
      Well, this one is done at long last. A bit crude, but still. Done.

Hit me with your rhythm stick, hit me, hit me!
      Hit me slowly, hit me quick, hit me, hit me, hit...me!
      For some obscure reason, this mini made me think of the song by Ian Dury.

This mini was completed August 11th 2020

02167 Arachno Assassin
      Reaper Miniatures , ca. 2000
      Sculpted by Bob Ridolfi
      Metal
      30mm base
    • By Maledrakh
      The third set of humanoids from the Lost Valley Expansion of the Bones 4 kickstarter is the Orcs of the Jade Fire tribe:

Featuring an all-female cast of hard bodied primitives, with abs to break rocks on and buns of bronze. The barbaric splendor of these women rival that of the bodybuilder cast of any 80's Sword and Sorcery movie. Apart from the fact that said 80's movies usually feature male bodybuilders with any females being more of the centrefold variety both in body type and costume budget.
      The burning question would be: what do the male members of the Jade Fire Tribe look like? Do they have the physique of Steve Rogers before or after the serum was administered? Or are they more like bloated ant drones that barely can move while the womenfolk do all the work? Inquiring minds want to know!

44089 Jade Fire Shaman #633

The skin is Citadel Contrast Space Wolves Grey over a greyish white on black zenithal undercoat. Look closely and you will see the spatter pattern a slightly bent airbrush needle tip will leave...I need to buy myself a proper one, the cheap chinese ebay ones I have been using are really not very good at all. Good thing the Vex is coming.

44088 Jade Fire Chieftain #632

aka She-Hulk.  Also the one model in all of the Lost Valley with blatantly metal-looking parts.

44096 Jade Fire Champion #636

44095 Jade Fire Warrior #635

Thirty Five dollars and a six-pack to my name! Time to break out that old Black Flag album again.

44094 Jade Fire Spearman #634

Either the naming of the Bones version of this mini is a bit off  (especially since the metal version is called "Spearmaiden") or this one has the worst case of Moobs I have seen since Meat Loaf's character in Fight Club.

Look, it's the stripper! Wheeee!
      These minis were completed August 4th 2020

Jade Fire Tribe orcs, from the Lost Valley Expansion
      Bones 4 kickstarter, delivered 2019
      Reaper Miniatures
      Sculpted by Gene van Horne
      Made in Bones Black PVC
    • By Maledrakh
      Naturally, the giants of the Lost Valley are Stone Giants, seeing as the Lost Valley is in the Stone Age.

FeeFie, Fo and Fum the three Stone Giants. I rebased them on 60mm bases.

click to see more pics

• Who's Online   16 Members, 0 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)