Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Fire_Eyes
      I decided that with my Bones 4 refrigerator box looming on the horizon, I should just get some of my old Bones painted. I knew I wouldn't devote the time to getting any of these ultra pretty, so they had just been sitting in a bag unless I needed to throw some placeholders on the map during a game. One Sunday, I powered through as many as I could just to get them done.

Vandorendra (NSFW)

Funnily enough, I was just as proud of some of these as some of the nicer paint jobs I've done, since I was able to let go and just let them be imperfect, and they were done and out of my to be painted pile. 
    • By Kev!
      Howdy,

Well, those orcs never seem to stop comin'...

Anyway,
      Kev!
      P.S. Hack... and Slash...

• By Kev!
      Howdy,

Keep those swords and axes hummin'...

Anyway,
      Kev!
      P.S. Hack... and Slash...

• By WhiteWulfe
      Couldn't resist the silly-ish title - it was originally going to be "Novice Painter, versus LTPK:Core!" but I changed it a touch at the end..  Bonus points if you read that as the Innkeeper from Hearthstone. :P 

While I have painted miniatures in the past, I've first and foremost never shown such results to anyone, and secondly went in blindly with those ones, and while I was happy with them at the time, I wanted to improve.  Other things in life took over for a while, and then finally I said that's it, I'm either going to FINALLY paint my primered army of doom that was at Doom In June 2005 or I'm going to sell the minis I've had sitting in boxes for over a decade.  So glad I found out about the Learn to Paint Kits, because that pretty much solidified that decision right then and there :P

Anyways!  At some point we were all at this stage, and while looking over the pictures I can see a number of things I can improve on (*cough* like my up close photography skills *cough*), but for most things...  I'm happy with them.  Especially the chain mail on the Orc Marauder.  I just might have to retake some of these photos, because I realize looking at them that, uhm, first and foremost f1.7 blurs half the model, and secondly, I didn't get a shot of the backside of the Marauder's Shield, which I was also happy about.  Oops.

But before I ramble on for three pages......!

Drybrushing feels sooooo weird, but it was starting to click once I got to Magnu, even if I wound up overdoing it in a few areas and it so wasn't a dry effect anymore.  But that's life, we learn from our actions!
    • By hotdogthebarbarian
      Painted 2/17 with LTPK received at Xmas. Asked for it after tough experience painting minis with Folk Art craft paints. (See bugbear warrior post.) Soooo much easier! It was like a different art form altogether.

I followed the directions verbatim with the skeleton. I like greyish orcs so changed the skin tone and some other colors. IIRC, Mangu is per the painting guide.

• Who's Online   13 Members, 4 Anonymous, 40 Guests (See full list)