Newbie trapped inside like everyone else

10 hours ago, stormbreach said:

Sorry.  I know this thread has been dead for a few days but I couldn't resist a request for painting spaces pics :lol:.  My space used to look like this.

20200229_134245.thumb.jpg.5dd5c5034b6b8597a8d7138305cfa848.jpg

But then my partner moved his desk into the room where my desk was and couldn't stand the sight of it because he likes to organize things.  So you can see there are some Transformers creeping into my space here and any time I had to get anything multiple things had to be moved.  So that led to this:

20200302_162742.thumb.jpg.1cdcfa760ac0567e44a01485ceabdba9.jpg

Shelving from Ikea put up on the opposite wall to house the Transformers.  Please note this is nowhere near all of them, the rest are housed on three shelves of a bookcase in the other corner.  No, I do not have a problem :blink:.

And now with that space cleared off and some reorganizing of the shelves that were already on my desk, it looks like this:

20200302_162759.thumb.jpg.6153920d8cb346e17aac11c9a6c2a7c3.jpg

It's beautiful, I can breathe and my partner doesn't hate walking into the space any more!

Welcome to the addiction hoarding hobby.  You're in the right place for supportive folks and have fun falling down the rabbit hole as I clearly have :poke:.

Reaction:

First pic says "Creativity happening here".

Last pic says "We're selling the place so this is how it's staged"

GEM

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Green Eyed Monster I'm the type of person who gets easily distracted.  If there's obstacles to overcome on the way to painting I'm not likely to paint, so moving stuff all the time was detrimental to my success ::P:.  That's why it's so great I have dedicated painting space instead of piles I have to put out on the dining room table every time I want to paint or I'd never get anything done.

@Gadgetman! nope, not Sabrina!  I don't think she has as many as me :wow:.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Overhauled one side....  Well, both sides have been overhauled but the other hasn't been tidied up yet >.>;;;;;

IMG_20200411_231842.thumb.jpg.6b827f6a181e80b4a303a489f81196a0.jpg

Maybe I ~DON'T~ need those Pathfinder paint sets.  Metallics on the other hand, I clearly need more of, since that third rack is barely touched (first row is liners, additives, and flesh tones, second row is my Warcolours gem effect paints, third and fourth rows are metallic paints).

So happy to have them all in one place AND not scattered across the desks....

• Like 8
On 4/11/2020 at 12:20 AM, stormbreach said:

Sorry.  I know this thread has been dead for a few days but I couldn't resist a request for painting spaces pics :lol:

"No, no.  It's resting."

I'd share a pic as well, but my painting space is a TV tray set in front of my chair.  I've a clip-on Ottlite on the adjacent end table, and my paint collection goes on the loveseat or cat tree on the other side of me.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
5 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Metallics on the other hand, I clearly need more of

3wc8nj.jpg

Everybody needs more shiny! :bday:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8
4 hours ago, strawhat said:

I'd share a pic as well, but my painting space is a TV tray set in front of my chair.  I've a clip-on Ottlite on the adjacent end table, and my paint collection goes on the loveseat or cat tree on the other side of me.

Personally, I like seeing people’s portable/temporary set ups as well...Mine hasn’t been actively deployed since a trip in August, I think, but was documented here:

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/72131-travel-paint-kit/

(I took it at Christmas, but learned to sleep in temporarily, so I wasn’t up alone at 0530 waiting for everyone else as much as usual...)

• Like 6
8 hours ago, OneBoot said:

Everybody needs more shiny! :bday:

So...  you're saying since the Pathfinder paints sets contain various colours I'll probably want AND eight metallics...  That yes, I should look into picking those up this year, along the Scale75 metallics, not to mention the Vallejo Metal Color stuff too... :P

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

So...  you're saying since the Pathfinder paints sets contain various colours I'll probably want AND eight metallics...  That yes, I should look into picking those up this year, along the Scale75 metallics, not to mention the Vallejo Metal Color stuff too... :P

The Pathfinder paints also have the advantage of being very nice indeed; excellent saturation and thinning capability. Plus, y'know, shiny metallics. ::D: The Scale75 metallics are also quite lovely, if a bit thick, they go on so smooooooth. :wub:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, OneBoot said:

Plus, y'know, shiny metallics. 

Sounds like a definite yes to me then :devil:

...Left desk is tidy.. Ish... Good enough.  Selective angles to avoid showcasing torn apart living and dining rooms ::P:

IMG_20200412_153729.thumb.jpg.b2f67c617e2add2fa4142ccdeb5c5342.jpg

^Left side of first desk... 

IMG_20200412_153809.thumb.jpg.0e516c04f507b3884a21da4cb6f5ee7d.jpg

^middle of said desk - hey look, there's actually room for Rune's stuff too! O_o

IMG_20200412_153757.thumb.jpg.07065880dd29c1c99f5b03480f5f9761.jpg

^and the right side... 

Yeah, there's still a lot of minis on my cutting mat, I'll work that out over the next few days...  Hubby sure is happy to have his half of the table back though! 

And sure, there are a decent amount of empty spaces I nthose six tier shelves... For now, anyways. There's going to be a decent amount of Vallejo and Mission Models stuff ordered over the next four months... And probably various Scale75 things too... 

• Like 5

Ummm, my space has already changed.  So yesterday a friend told me he had some stuff to give away.  He had a bunch of Menoth stuff from Warmachine he got using reward points from when he was a PressGanger that he never painted, plus some used minis he had purchased and a boatload of Bones figures he never planned on using.  So I picked up the box of stuff (on the porch because of social distancing ::D:) and now it occupies my desk.  I just have to figure out where it's going because my storage was already all fulled up.

Edit to clarify: every mini you can see in this shot was the gift, including the boxed minis and blisters behind the Bones.

20200412_201828.jpg

Edited by stormbreach
added text
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Week or two? You jest.  I believe this gift outnumbers my total painted minis... lifetime.  I have been actively attempting to up my output but I'm having a crisis of confidence.  So get back to me in 6 years or so, I may have started them by then ::P:.

• Like 4