Specific UCOR Section

Lord Baasen

I see in the core rules that some UCORs have their own standing army so protect their own interests. So I am putting together a couple of sections;

Superiority Section

1 Gladiator II

2 Duelist

1 Warlord w/ +2 Move Upgrade

Suppression Fire Section

1 Knight

3 Sovereign III w/ +1 Armour Upgrade

Air Support Section

4 Longbows

Recon Section

4 Spartans

Comments are always welcome!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Add another two sections, Templar units are Conrois, they organize by 6s

Ah - But he's not Designing a Templar force - It's a HM UCOR army. Perfectly Valid choice. I understand that one of the Reaper Peeps plays a Mark IV security force - They use only M4 stuff.

Whoops, thanks KAMUT.

The Sections could serve a dual purpose, both Templars and Hughes-Marietta.

I suppose I could go with Gladiator IIs and Duelists. You're right, I'm just trying out variations of Models and I have a nasty habit of choosing Models based on how that look together.

The ground-pounder sections will be regular infantry supported by Czars and Lances.

Rhino Tamer, Lord Baasen is making a HUGHES MARIETTA army. Just thought I'd reiterate that before people just start naming their favourite CAV's and stuff.

As for a HM only army, I'd suggest you remove the Knight from the Sovereign section.... it's not like it's serving any useful purpose in there :o)

Baasen, how about replacing the Warlord in your superiority section with a Centurion? Sure, it's still only +6 guns and you do lose the +4 TL as standard (you can use the one from the Warlord though, since at 6th and 7th tracks you've in trouble that no TL can solve :o)) but you do gain +4 ARM and it's a 7DT unit. Granted, it's not an all round killer unit like the Duelist, but it will take a beating and keep on handing out the punishment.

Supers aren't good in offensive scenarios, but I always recommend people have one (usually a Revenant, but you're HM so a Centurion it has to be :o)) for defensive engagements and they do prove useful at times. Try pairing them with slower units, such as the Lance. That way you've a hard hitting and tough section which moves slowly so you don't risk splitting your forces too much..

Czars and infantry is a good idea, and since you're limited I'd suggest you look into Flails for some missile support AFV's. There's some other cool HM stuff, but unfortunately no where near enough to make a truly kick arse army, but it's not too bad as a solo army.

One tip, for the Flails, swap the DFM for another IFM. Trust me, it works better that way :o)

I ended up trading my KW stuff to my brother for all his KW stuff and a few bucks, this is what he is currently fielding. 6 sections at 1275 points average, he's emphasizing range and fire saturation. Whatever good advice comes of this, I'll probably pass along to him as well.

7500 point force

Section Command

Centurian

-

-

- Vacant (extra Spartan)

Striker 1

Duelist

Gladiator II

Gladiator II

Soveriegn

Striker 2

Duelist

Gladiator II

Gladiator II

Soveriegn

Striker 3

Duelist

Gladiator II

Gladiator II

Soveriegn

Support 1

Spartan

Soveriegn

Soveriegn

Soveriegn

Support 2

Spartan

Soveriegn

Soveriegn

Soveriegn

Its tough to get around him........

we're going with the electronics swap from the Talon, since his force is still predominantly part of our collective. Basically the LWC and UTDF was more in line with SyRAM, Mitso Ta and a hint of HM.

I didn't want LWC to part with it but all our KW stuff went into the Red Sentinals, all five squadrons worth...........

jumping back to the topic though, on an interesting note, you could of course strap a chainlock pod to a Gladiator and have it call out targets for your Sovereigns. Use your Duelists to scrap with the enemy up close and the support section pummels them at range. If so, add another assault CAV section of simular ability.

Another interesting note, if you have say two sections with a pair of Warlords/Duelists, and conduct a WING ATTACK (Attack from two opposite sides), each Duelist has 9 radius, 18 diameter of ECCM coverage, if you try to overlap that radius a bit from 2 to 4 angles, you can spread ECCM coverage (with some dead zones) to roughly a 36 diameter area. heck, a stock Spartan could chain into that..................

Haven't used the Knight much, but its a wild mix, I would probably keep a pair in support of other units, the Warlord is a good banger, but I think the Gladiator still holds the reign........

And yet another note:

Tsuiseki! yeah its Mitso Ta, but Hughes Marreita has a license to produce them................

and don't send your hard targets without a section of Sabres or Stilleto, or even "Stillabre" providing close and fast support.............

One tip, for the Flails, swap the DFM for another IFM. Trust me, it works better that way :o)

My son has a pair of Flails, and he trades an IFM on one for a DFM on the other. That gives him a double IFM Flail and a double DFM Flail. Makes them both more effective.

PS