YET ANOTHER Year of The Goblin...possibly

1 hour ago, Corsair said:

Man, that turned out really nice.

Thanks, Corsair. I am glad you like it. 

Chris Cooke, one of the Guys at Jersey Giant Pizza, wound up getting it when we stopped off there for calzones on the way back from King's Hobby in Austin.

• Like 2
  • Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AND it looks like it may very well be YET ANOTHER Year of The Goblin...or not. Today I have the G.W. Loon Boss' base just about done & Leo got a touch up & stripey pants:    

The first of the Admirers are done:   Motivation/enthusiasm is hard to come by lately.  

One more Mushroom is now ready to be based:     Seen here with the other two Weekend Mushrooms for a size comparison:   Enjoy the evening!  

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Standifer said:

Nice! I always bog down when it comes to doing bases. 

Making bases isn't a problem for me. I bog down on composition at times.

Thanks for the reply, Standifer.

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Cool base!

Thanks, Glitter...glad you like it.

• Like 2

One of the things I like so much about your shrooms ( aside from those cool faces) is the way you paint them.

Every shroom has lots of colours and spots etc, I just like looking at those, together they're an explosion of colours.

Your bases are a joy to look at, I always visit your threads, we may have very different projects, but you do provide inspiration to me.

It is because of your threads I started my bigger projects, building a world with it's inhabitants is cool and fun to do.

And fun is very important, especially these days.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

One of the things I like so much about your shrooms ( aside from those cool faces) is the way you paint them.

Every shroom has lots of colours and spots etc, I just like looking at those, together they're an explosion of colours.

Your bases are a joy to look at, I always visit your threads, we may have very different projects, but you do provide inspiration to me.

It is because of your threads I started my bigger projects, building a world with it's inhabitants is cool and fun to do.

And fun is very important, especially these days.

Thank you, Glitter, for the kind reply. I am glad you enjoy the color. Creating for me is an expression of joy. I cant' imaging "joy' as drab.

Providing inspiration is something I hope for, I am delighted you can get a jolt of it from my work.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Standifer said:

Well two heads are better than one! Leave it to mutantshrooms to do it differently though!

Everything looks really good!

Thanks, Standifer. I am glad you like the stuff.

While searching the floor under my worktable for some errant piece, I found a Mushroom that had gone missing. Here he is all base coated:

DSCN9622.thumb.JPG.e838c7fc2b4056f0c919553687f2d063.JPGDSCN9623.thumb.JPG.da2cb9dc2284740f08e36af51789dbe6.JPG

AND seen here with the other Fellows who are yet to be painted:

DSCN9621.thumb.JPG.ac18a83a6188e3d6830cfcbac3d3a3dc.JPG

More later...or not!

• Like 11
6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

So that one wandered off on his own?

I knew these were real!

...there are times I find them in odd places that I am sure I didn't put them. I try not to think hoe w they got there.

• Haha 4

Despite a day trip to distant Fredricksburg for brunch, I managed to get The Mushroom Box Folks based & ready for final detailing. They & the rest of the stuff on the worktable will be getting some attention this weekend.

DSCN9628.thumb.JPG.9acbfcfaa2e9dbbcc859535eb3ccc67a.JPG

DSCN9627.thumb.JPG.05c848028ab0945ec942ff72f945120e.JPG

DSCN9629.thumb.JPG.de9adb53b03007be03fe05ff9695e355.JPG

How much actually gets done is anyone's guess.

• Like 10