Townbuilder Unlimited

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/townsmith/townbuilder-unlimited?ref=discovery_category_newest

"The Townbuilder is a web application with which you can create custom 3D printable buildings for Tabletop Games. We provide detailed 3D models in the form of small building blocks that you can then use to create the perfect building for your table. All of our buildings can be printed support free and feature playable interior.

You can either start from scratch or modify one of our many prepared templates to fit your needs."

This might be a huge step in 3d print files for buildings. With HeroForge, you can design your own miniature and get a printfile for it ... this here allows you to design multi-level buildings and get a printfile for them.

This building was created with the use of the software and you can download it from the KS page for free:

image.png.5244352a5e34cd7d2d8a07a273974f87.png

Open Beta is already up and running (link on KS page)

I'm very impressed (and a bit happy that there finally is a project from Germany that is THAT awesome).

• Like 4

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

" When you back this campaign, you will get unlimited access to the Townbuilder, meaning you can build, download and print as many buildings as you want... forever. Depending on the reward tier you back at, you will gain access to different themes, which will be available to you in the Townbuilder. "

I think that should be in very bold print ...

I have to get my head around some of the possibilities:

" The Infinite Version adds nothing you need... but a lot of things you want. Want a 20 story high wizard tower? If your PC can handle it, knock yourself out. Want to create nice rendered pictures of your building while exploring them in first person perspective, seeing through the eyes of a miniature, here you go!  Want to create a custom sign for each guild of your world, with their custom logo and name... guess what? Townbuilder Infinite is for you. "

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SamuraiJack said:

I'm still on the fence..  I'm not sure if I'd ever get around to actually using it rather than just buying pre-made STL's

From my experience with Hero Forge, the creative program is more than half the fun - I have designed far more minis than I have had printed up.

The Auld Grump

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

I don't have a 3D printer yet, but this is something I could definitely see using. Gonna have to keep an eye on this.

I’m with you here. I’m tempted to back just to be on the list :lol:

4 hours ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

Template "library" where users can share their stls is confirmed.

that...is...awesome

3 hours ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

Had some serious lag on the Beta site last night. Didn't get to play with it that much, sadly. Likely an issue with my system or connection, I guess...

Interweb getting swamped by folks stuck at home, right now.

*EDIT* I just realized what this reminds me of - the Construction Set for the Bethesda game Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. I used that more than once to set up illustrations for RPGs.

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

AAAAnd:

" A highly requested feature was just casually implemented by Tom. I don't know how he did it this fast but the Community Library has just been added to the Townbuilder. In your profile, you can publish any of your saved buildings which can then be found in the Community Library for other users to play around with! I'll let him explain how it works. "

• Like 1