Weird West Triceratops

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like fun.

A strap going under the belly would look cool. Maybe some chains from that guy in the front hands wrapped around the horns or something.

Those very things are next on my to-do list. But where can I get itty-bitty chain? Actually, the guy in the front is sitting on a chopped up steam powered motorcycle. He'll be using the handlebars to steer the triceratops because it would take more muscle than he could do himself.

looks at material for howdah... DID YOU CUT UP A DMG?!

I like it, the platform looks a bit big, but its a sacrifice to make so mini bases fit inside the walls. Will like to see it painted.

BTW how much did the triceratops run? I plan to paint up toys for this sort of use and want to know what a fig like that costs in metal.

looks at material for howdah... DID YOU CUT UP A DMG?!

I like it, the platform looks a bit big, but its a sacrifice to make so mini bases fit inside the walls. Will like to see it painted.

BTW how much did the triceratops run? I plan to paint up toys for this sort of use and want to know what a fig like that costs in metal.

HA! No, that's not a DMG, its the box from my Chainmail Hill Giant. I must be one of about 5 people who bought one of those. They were barely produced.

The triceratops was about $25-$30 bucks I think. It's made by the Honorable Lead Boiler Suit Company. Actually, it had been at the gaming store so long and the thing is so heavy, that it had poked holes in the bag and the nose horn was missing. So I cut one of big horns off short and glued it to the nose. I like the effect of the broken horn.

I thought about trying to find a toy instead, but it's hard to find toys the right size to be proportionate. And the high quality toys cost $20 anyway so why not pay a little more for something I can paint myself?

I'll try to get a strap around that belly and some chain reins on him this weekend and prime it all. I'll have to paint in pieces though. This will be the biggest thing I've ever painted. Marthrangul is next...