Sign in to follow this  
Crowley

Frostgrave

layout.jpg

We used tiles for the library, bookshelves as treasure tokens.

That big round room was right in the middle, and that's where he clobbered my poor wizard.

There was also a flooded room not in the picture.

• Like 4

On 4/13/2020 at 6:00 PM, PaganMegan said:

Played our first game last night.

Wicked easy rules, almost like an RPG, but way deadly combat.

Grump took down my wizard in one round, ganging up on her with his wizard and two soldiers in a group action.

He cast exactly one spell, Elemental Hammer.

He didn't need all the soldiers, he did ten points and the Elemental Hammer did five, then she was down. Wham, bam, thank you ma'am!

He wiped out MOST of my warband, then proceeded to loot the library. Letting my tracker companion and two soldiers wander around.

But all my casualties survived without permanent damage, so they will be out for revenge, next time.

He never fought with one character, he MOBBED each one of mine.

It wasn't just for more attacks - it was for the to hit bonus it gave my wizard. I was really counting on hitting with the Elemental Hammer.

If I had rolled worse, or you had rolled better, it would have gone very differently. I think my odds were around 60%, but actually putting your wizard down was only around 25%.

Always, always have at least two support minis within 3" of the wizard - group actions are always nice.

The Auld Grump

• Like 3

I can highly recommend Heroic Maps Great Library sets for the Library scenario - pretty much a perfect fit.

Our layout had more corridors, and different rooms, mostly.

But, yeah, the humongous round room was right in the center, with a big pillar in the middle, to break up line of sight.

*EDIT* While perfect for the Library screnario, I bought the maps for... (<= ominous ellipsis) other purposes.

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I see RoSD has gotten rid of the 3" rule for the Ranger phase.

Maybe we should try it with Frostgrave?

Typing with a 3yr old attached to your arm is HARD! Who knew?

Edited by PaganMegan
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

I can highly recommend Heroic Maps Great Library sets for the Library scenario - pretty much a perfect fit.

Our layout had more corridors, and different rooms, mostly.

But, yeah, the humongous round room was right in the center, with a big pillar in the middle, to break up line of sight.

*EDIT* While perfect for the Library screnario, I bought the maps for... (<= ominous ellipsis) other purposes.

The Auld Grump

I'll see your ominous elipsis and raise.

Grump's phone is home and still plugged into the charger, so I can't annoy him by text. ::P:

We placed the big round room first, then took turns laying the tiles, building outward.

Maps glued to foamcore to make tiles, we will probably use them for Heroquest as well as RPGs.

BD is feeling grabby, and hit Post for me, twice.

Edited by PaganMegan

Has anyone been able to log in and order on Osprey this last week and a half? I thought it may have been my Alienware system I just had to start rebuilding (the old 500gb gave up the ghost) with a new 2TB hybrid sshd. I cannot log on on anything (computer, Ipad, or phone)

4 hours ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

Has anyone been able to log in and order on Osprey this last week and a half? I thought it may have been my Alienware system I just had to start rebuilding (the old 500gb gave up the ghost) with a new 2TB hybrid sshd. I cannot log on on anything (computer, Ipad, or phone)

I managed to get the pdfs from the first week or so but have had no luck logging in recently.

I've had days where Osprey was quite responsive. And then others where I had to wait and wait and reload and wait, and finally give up and come back later.

I have yet to manage to log into osprey and I already had an account before this started.

Wanted to spend money on their models, couldn't - the etailer we use has run out. ::(:

They have a mage smith I need for my Norse game.

On 4/15/2020 at 11:05 PM, TheAuldGrump said:

Nope. I think they are buried under a pile of 'Wow! Free stuff!' users. ::D:

The Auld Grump

I plead guilty, and would like several other charges to be taken into consideration...

9 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Wanted to spend money on their models, couldn't - the etailer we use has run out. ::(:

They have a mage smith I need for my Norse game.

Psst.  Still available at Brigrade Games.  They are the US distributor for Northstar.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Psst.  Still available at Brigrade Games.  They are the US distributor for Northstar.

They would have been part of a big order to get free shipping from Miniature Market.

Brigade might be best though, get more of the plastics while we're at it.

Their plastics are great!

• Like 4