Sign in to follow this  
Inarah

Taryon Darrington --Critical Role

Some guy from the Kickstarter  project.  Cast in plastic, some of the detail was really sharp, some was not. The face was weird, I could not figure out if he was supposed to have a mustache or not.  Good enough for tabletop play. 

DSCN1509.jpg.95533c2583e3e72b0cdb4180bf2fc493.jpg

• Like 19

I like it alot! The colours picked for the armor, hair, all of it are great!

My nitpick would be the eyes however, it throws off all the good work you did on the mini.

Well done!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By HolkDiggity
      The Cleric in my D&D group leveled up and acquired the Spiritual Guardian skill. He needed a model to represent his Guardian. Honaire looks so cool, but he didn't have a shield. I found one in my bits box, and painted the symbol of his chosen Deity, Chauntea. I loved painting this because the simple palette left more room to just relax and enjoy the work.

• By Vytau
      A few weeks ago I posted my Paladin (Essach Stonebreaker) converted from a bones Duke Gerard miniature.  This is that same character, but advanced to more heroic levels (we'll see if he actually lives that long in this campaign lol).  

Presenting Duke Gerard in metal, converted to hold a mace / morningstar / scepter from the "Good" weapons pack from Bones III. 

Like:  First attempt doing anything like the landscape on the shield.  Generally good depth of color.  Got the face much, much better than on the plastic version (part of that is thanks to the sculpt though...better detail). Better management of blonde hair on a pale face, which is tough since that risks being very low-contrast (and by proxy, low-interest).  Better at abutting color - I'm still too reliant on black lining for my line work, which leads to deep shadowing...not always a great look. 

Needs work:  Smooth lines, patience...I'm not painting at tabletop speed or anything, but I'm probably still working too quickly to accomplish show-worthy painting.  Looks great at arms length, but I can notice the hell out of flaws, lumps, and bumps as I get closer.   

Still, it's a step forward for me.  Additionally, I finally got a light box so I can improve the pictures just a wee bit!  In fact, the little white flecks on the substrate are from a previous mini photo shoot ( a white dragon, which I will post later).  My next goals are 1: to get better at slowing down and smoothing out my lines and 2: to work on my mini photography. 

Anyhoo:  here's Duke Gerard, converted into my 5e Paladin of Lathander, Essach Stonebreaker! 

• By Vytau
      Duke Gerard converted into my current D&D 5e character (a paladin of Lathander).  Generally happy, except for the face AND ALSO the highlighting on the shield came out too sharp on the black portion.  Will probably go back over it.  The head sculpt is...well...shallow detail and an offset cast.  I did what I could with it. Also put a little too much trust in the "fair skin" triad...low-contrast compared to other triads.  Had to go back with a flesh wash, repaint...got a little lumpy.  

The rose-hewed cloak is for Lathander.  The red-black-gold shield is his family crest. Clipped off his sword and replaced with a mace from the weapons pack. 

100% reaper paints including the steel triad, fair skin triad, gold triad, dragon red & flesh blood.  Black wash on the armor, sepia wash on the gold accents.  Hair is buckskin pale over leather brown.  Rose color is a combination of dragon red and khaki highlight. 

This represents the character at level 5 or so.  Hoping he survives to 10, because I'm painting Duke Gerard in metal to represent a more advanced version of this character. 

• By SGHawkins09
      This is Tiriel from Hasslefree Miniatures that I painted in TMM. She was a much needed fun figure to help keep my motivation going as I work on other larger projects as I tend to loose focus if I work on something too long with out finishing. 

• By jonaas33
      Wanted to try something different with this paladin looking fig.  I figured the most opposite thing of a paladin would be a drow warlock, so I just went from there.  I kept everything pretty simple, but spent a decent amount of time on the cloak and flaming sword.  Very happy with the results, comments and advice are always welcome!  Thanks in advance!

• Who's Online   13 Members, 0 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)