Sign in to follow this  
Samedi

To be or not to be

Here is the famous scene from Hamlet, reenacted by a vulture.

Painting it was a bit weird: I started with a completely different color scheme in mind (cool whites, blues, gold), but somehow the mini wouldn't let me and I ended up with this version. I am happy with it, though.

I am here to learn, so c&c is very welcome! Especially the second c!

Enjoy!

(Sorry for the picture quality, I don't have access to a good camera right now, is's just my phone).

IMG_2795.JPG.974c1104055a33ff20d444a536f9199c.JPG

• Like 21

I am viewing on a phone. In that circumstance there is a lot of photograph but only small amount of miniature in your post. 

3468629B-4BC2-4ABE-A714-AC69035DDDCF.jpeg.c783655279583489b9621d2a5462e01c.jpeg

Trying two different resizing apps. 

1B98C658-CE2E-4044-B4CD-4964F0DFF2C4.thumb.png.0ccf9010d3532b600542562bc6f7eeb8.png

Anyway, pro tip numero uno: for your pictures: less background / more figure. 

• Like 6

Thanks for your input, TGP! 

Usually I take the "real" pictures with a camera and use the phone only for quick documentation snaps.

So I didn't think about editing with the phone really, never done it before.

Just found out it can be done - and it's really easy. Here's a better pic! 

IMG_2795.thumb.jpg.f86ee7dc7d22c29d7ca29020f085df19.jpg

• Like 13

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      Hi all,
      just finished this one last night, hope you enjoy! Another really nice figure from Chris Fitzpatrick and his company Crocodile Games.  This was from their most recent Kickstarter if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks for looking!

• By 72moonglum
      So here is my rendition of a figure from Crocodile Games, Hecate sculpted by Chris Fitzpatrick.  She's a bit bare chested, so you can see a shot of her front here:

http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/index.php?title=Image:Crocodile_games_hecate_front_(2).JPG

and here is her view from behind:

• By 72moonglum
      So just finished this one up last night, Artemis from the most recent Kickstarter of Crocodile Games, sculpted by Chris FitzPatrick.   Not adding any pictures from behind as don't want to violate any policies on unclothedness, hopefully the pictures I chose were all right. 

So really enjoyed painting this one up, as there was very little metal I had to worry about.  Actually the most difficult or time consuming part on this one was the straps on her sandals and then the design on her cloak which was not freehand but actually sculpted on to the cloak. Overall very nice figure I think to paint and it's a nice larger scale, so the face and eyes were pretty easy to work on. 

Enjoy!

• By 72moonglum
      So just finished this one last night, took a slight detour from the Ral Partha I've been working on for a while (or forever?).  With the last Partha Elves I did from the TSR D & D series, I really got into Chris Fitzpatrick's work, who sculpts beautifully, and got some of his new Olympus figures from his company Crocodile Games.  This one is the Oracle of Delphi from his last Kickstarter, where he is adding on to his Olympian Gods series.  Beautiful figures, and a bit larger than what I'm used to painting. I'm not complaining though, bigger canvas is a little bit easier to work with!

Anyhows, enjoy!

• By Inarah
      Because everyone needs an egyptian themed goat-man priest in their games!

• Who's Online   15 Members, 2 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)