Sign in to follow this  
Werkrobotwerk

Getting to know APRIL 2020ish

April to Know You, April 2020 Edition.

The rules as they currently stand (we all know most of you rebellious lot will ignore most of it, but one can try)

1. Every day, or so (as long as April continues to April in North America) I will post a question.

1.5. If April fails to April then the question will be replaced by HORRIBILE FORETELLING!

THERE IS NO . Kobolds took it.
3. Questions will usually be posted when I wake up.
4. Everyone is encouraged to suggest future questions to be posted via PM to me... 
5. You do not have to answer every question to play...
6. If a question is TMI or N/A simply wait for the next question

QUESTION 1 WILL APPEAR ON THE FIRST!

Edited by Werkrobotwerk
kobolds?
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

36 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

April to Know You, April 2020 Edition.

The rules as they currently stand (we all know most of you rebellious lot will ignore most of it, but one can try)

1. Every day, or so (as long as April continues to April in North America) I will post a question.

1.5. If April fails to April then the question will be replaced by HORRIBILE FORETELLING!

THERE IS NO 2. Kobolds took it.

I beg to differ     ^

|

|

Its right there!

• Haha 12

1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

APRIL 1!

It's April fool's day, so tell us all about your favorite fool, clown, stooge, or jester!

I once put a dead flattened dried mouse in a coworkers safety shoe.

He repaid me with smearing butter all over my car's door handle.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 12
  • Confused 1

Mine come from my high school days...

But I fear my favorite would disturb some of the kinder hearted here so....

We were in science class and back when I was there we had access to real chemicals.  We had smuggled in 10 pounds of sugar and slipped 2 liters of moderately strong nitric acid into the fridge.  When the teacher got called out if the room we quietly combined the two in a huge beaker in a wash sink in the back of the classroom and returned to normal.

The reaction is an entertaining one, harmless but also expodential in growth.  The nitric converts the sugar to carbon and elemental hydrogen and the hydrogen gas puffs up the resulting goo like a balloon before being released.  This is the device we left for the the English class after us   I should mention we had tried this at home a time or two and found it scary but pretty harmless.

About half way through class a huge black goo monster rises out of the back sink spitting blue fire and black smoke and the entire class bolts!

Fire alarms are pulled the school is evacuated but by the time the fire department gets there all that remains is a blog of puffed carbon in the back sink and the smell of caramel.

Best part is no one figured out which of us were the culprits though we, as a class got a lot of pointed questions...

It was a different time.  Now, they would have probably called the police but at the time it was.written off as a prank and we moved on.  

I can still feel the smug joy of sitting in my next class and hearing the pounding of the entire class bolting from the science room.... it was my first introduction to a practical joke where i wasnt there to see the results.  Sort of like paying an exterminator company to go do a bedbug extermination at the penthouse suite in an expensive timeshare condo... (Which I sent ever doing or course!)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 14

2 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

APRIL 1!

It's April fool's day, so tell us all about your favorite fool, clown, stooge, or jester!

Favorite Fool:

The Rider-Waite Fool drawn by Illustrator Pamela Colman Smith

:ph34r: :angry: :ph34r:

Favorite Stooge:

Curly

Favorite Jester:

I can’t find a decent picture, but he is a character from a cartoon...

APRIL 1!

It's April fool's day, so tell us all about your favorite fooling, prank or jest!

You had to be there...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

APRIL 1!

My favorite Stooge would be Iggy Pop.

Back when I was putting my wife and I through college I worked in a sandpaper factory for a while (it was a pretty rough job) and always enjoyed the April Fools shenanigans I got into there. I never actually pulled any pranks myself, I'd just walk around the factory floor suggesting to other people it would be funny if they pulled a specific prank on someone else.Then, after the initial prank had been performed, I'd go to the other party and suggest some other prank that would be a good payback. And so on...

By the end of the shift half our little crew would be locked in a series of escalating pranks against the other half. And I'd get to just sit back and chuckle at all the fun. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

4 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

APRIL 1!

I've been really enjoying DryBar Comedy lately. Especially a fan of Shayne Smith (full standup set here), whose delivery and jokes are right up my alley.

I also really enjoy Dwayne Johnson's comedic chops, and really miss Robin Williams.

Edited by Disciple of Sakura
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

APRIL 1!

Abbot and Costello

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lzxVyO6cpos

Harpo & Lucy

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=79EnDc-Ucv8

Donald O’Conner

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SND3v0i9uhE

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

APRIL 1!

My horse, Reed. He's the family's April Fool - today is his 30th birthday. Picture of him in a jester hat and a younger me. Uhh... like, 16-17 years ago?

Reed likes to give hugs and kisses (seriously, lean forward and he boops the face). He has the bumpiest gait ever - for a while I was one of the only people who could ride him comfortably. He pretty much never goes lame, but always has a case of "needs to do more yoga" because he's stiff. He is super round, with low withers, and tends to have a beer belly and a big ol' rump. Naturally, I'd take the rumbly barrel of a horse galloping through the hills with no saddle or bridle on. He's a good boy.

jesterreed.png

• Like 9
  • Thanks 6

That's just awesome the horse decided to stick its tongue out for said photo too, it really seals the playful deep side..! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

APRIL 1!

*does cartwheels while juggling flaming chainsaws* Can't think of a single one right now. :mellow:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

APRIL 1!

The Fool in King Lear.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

George Carlin.

Who would have been the perfect Fool As Councilor in a Medieval Court.

Prank:  In High School Biology our teacher would always slip a frog under the attendance slip clipped to the door on dissection days.

GEM

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1