Sign in to follow this  
Werkrobotwerk

Getting to know APRIL 2020ish

Being the Pizza Dungeon it has to be Pizza.  Mushroom, Green Pepper and onion.  Not sure the cat will like that so I will get a glass of milk on the side.  Milk is not fit for my consumption so the cat can have it all.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I dunno, it will all depend on what kind of hot peppers are on it...  That sounds delicious.

It's pizza, it's uncursed, and it's treasure.

Since it's magical pizza, it will have the toppings you're currently craving appear on it. So it's always to your taste.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

APRIL 9

With the monster cat defeated or distracted and the curse removed there's time to stop for a snack, what are you having?

and how much will the cat steal?

Pizza, full-out Hawaiian style with pineapple and ham, on thin crust, washed down with about 10 liters of cola, or as I prefer to think of it in that quantity, a potion of speed.

The cat gets none of it, because there's no anchovies. On the other hand, the dog is going to get a lot...

1 hour ago, Cranky Dog said:

Since it's magical pizza

A never-ending box of pizza would be clutch right now. If only such an item existed.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

APRIL 9

With the monster cat defeated or distracted and the curse removed there's time to stop for a snack, what are you having?

Loaded waffle fries, nice big juicy burger with sauteed onions and mushrooms, swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato, dill pickle, a spicy brown mustard, and a bit of mayo. Strawberry milkshake. 

The cat gets its own tray. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

APRIL 9

A salad.  Again, so much pizza...

The cat gets none of it.  What does a cat want with salad?  That's not food.  That's what food eats.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

April 10.

What's the most unusual thing you've built terrain out of?

One of the first pieces of terrain I built used a large foam "rock" I got from a shoe store. I built a basic box-shaped "fortification" into it for Warhammer 40k that saw regular use for the years I played 40k.

I built a fountain once out of plastic bottle lids and the bottom of a soda can. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

April 10.

Given the weird stuff that other terrain makers have used, I don't think anything I've used qualifies as unusual. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Most unusual I got from an idea here" Orange Juice spaceship doors.  Mine are metallic silver.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

April 10.

Considering I built terrain only once in my life, from my point of view *all* of the elements were unusual .

• Cork
  • Gravel, pebbles, sand
  • Flock
  • Static grass
  • Dried moss

Pretty standard for regular terrain builders, but not for me.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

April 10.

I can't think of anything unusual.  Terrain (and dollhouse accessories) are typically made out of ordinary junk like leftover plastic packaging, scraps of wood or cardboard, wire, empty containers, broken jewelry and pens. All very normal stuff. 

It was pretty cool when I discovered that kitchen scrubbers made good hedgerows. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

April 10.

MDF that only needed one coat of primer, since soooo many videos go on and on (but especially Luke goes on) about how MDF will slurp up several coats, so don't use your good paint, etc etc.

I've mainly just used stuff that most terrain builders would consider "standard" in their toolkits - various basing materials, foamcore, toothpicks, popsicle sticks, scraps of this and that, straws, etc.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

April 10.

Magnetic Vehicle Signs

70bb12ac-d623-4e9b-a1fc-5dc7a0143a61.jpg

I have made forest floors out of signs and scrap cutoffs from signs like this. I have not heard of many others using it.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TGP said:

Magnetic Vehicle Signs

70bb12ac-d623-4e9b-a1fc-5dc7a0143a61.jpg

I have made forest floors out of signs and scrap cutoffs from signs like this. I have not heard of many others using it.

neat! did you sculpt on top of it or print texture on it?

• Like 5

Just now, Werkrobotwerk said:

neat! did you sculpt on top of it or print texture on it?

Painted texture on it.  The main virtue was that trees with big flat washers incorporated into their bases, would stick anywhere, ...in a sturdy way, but could be easily moved aside for any passing Land Raiders. Also the stuff is thin so it avoids a curb-at-the-edge-of-the-wood effect.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2