Sign in to follow this  
Werkrobotwerk

Getting to know APRIL 2020ish

1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

April 11

What is something you want a mini of that you can't currently find?

Black Hole-chan.

Also, there's a ton of monsters in Pathfinder bestiaries that don't have miniatures, except maybe those from over-priced randomized boxes. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

Black Hole-chan.

Also, there's a ton of monsters in Pathfinder bestiaries that don't have miniatures, except maybe those from over-priced randomized boxes. 

what like a black hole with a bow and arms?

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

April 11

A goliath paladin or cleric. Got the Wizkids new goliath fighter duo-pack, still look too barbarian-like (has next to no armor, a bit of mail armor would go a long way towards accommodating class differentiation).

Same with minotaur.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

April 11

I admit I haven't really looked around that much, but I generally find there aren't that many unarmed combat miniatures in a variety of styles or fantasy races.

Be it Oriental martial arts (kungfu, aikido, taichi); boxers; thug brawlers; wrestlers (pro-wrestlers, greco-roman, sumo); etc. Everything MMA.

Now picture a sumo elf; Muay Thai ogre; Lucha Libre half-orc; or a halfling Judoka that just flipped you on your back.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

I admit I haven't really looked around that much, but I generally find there aren't that many unarmed combat miniatures in a variety of styles or fantasy races.

Be it Oriental martial arts (kungfu, aikido, taichi); boxers; thug brawlers; wrestlers (pro-wrestlers, greco-roman, sumo); etc. Everything MMA.

Now picture a sumo elf; Muay Thai ogre; Lucha Libre half-orc; or a halfling Judoka that just flipped you on your back.

sumo elf would be hilarious just to get a very fat elf.

my current pathfinder game has a lucha half-orc!

• Like 7

On 4/10/2020 at 8:32 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

April 10.

What's the most unusual thing you've built terrain out of?

When I was a grade school boy, for added texture in one of my project/dioramas, I added uncooked oatmeal to the Plaster-of-Paris. 

It worked quite well as I recall. Of course I am recalling something I made a LONG time ago.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

You might want to look into Rumbleslam from TTCombat. There are various rasslers of all races in that one. One I've had my eye on is Gobbo

Gobba_Front_copy_1024x1024.jpg?v=1571767

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

April 11

- Minotaurs that have a bit more in the way of armour or clothing on, like Oathsworn's minotaur from the Heroines In Sensible Shoes line.

- A 28mm scale Haunt CAV (although the rumoured Starhawk is also acceptable)

- Monstrucker minis for Infinity would be nice....

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

April 11

A Halfling/Sheep centaur.

One someone kitbashed popped up on my Facebook feed the other day and it was ridiculously cute.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

April 11

A gorgonopsid, scutosaurus and a Tiktaalik.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

April 11

Waiting for someone to make some STL files for Ursus and Arcas battletechs.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

April 11

Nobody makes ordinary fairy tale Giants. Everybody makes giants that fit certain very specific game archetypes.

A giant that is not a Something—Giant: Fire ..., Storm ..., Cloud ..., Hill ..., Stone ...,  etc. None of those. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

April 11

My latest obsession that just hit me this week is finding old, old Games Workshop MkI Terminators, aka Saturnine Armour Pattern. I really love the retro look, and I want a squad of them. There's extremely few of them on eBay, and the price of a single one is........significant.. Hoping for a lucky find one of these days.

image.png.3cc8f78dddca5e3ff5629ea2a6de3a32.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, haldir said:

You might want to look into Rumbleslam from TTCombat. There are various rasslers of all races in that one. One I've had my eye on is Gobbo

Gobba_Front_copy_1024x1024.jpg?v=1571767

Yoda!

Wow, he used to be ripped when he was younger. Must have been an underground Jedi fighting ring.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, TGP said:

Nobody makes ordinary fairy tale Giants. Everybody makes giants that fit certain very specific game archetypes.

A giant that is not a Something—Giant: Fire ..., Storm ..., Cloud ..., Hill ..., Stone ...,  etc. None of those. 

Mantic has one for their KoW line. Product listing literally is "giant." And he's a big one too, almost 19 cm tall (near 7.5 inches), with a few head options. Granted, he's not at a Bones giant price-point, but there you go. The style reminds me of the giants from that Jack the Giant Slayer movie.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1