Werkrobotwerk

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

APRIL 2.

Audio content! Are there any new podcasts or radio shows you've been listening to that you'd like to recommend to people? 

If not, what's the strangest thing you heard on the radio while traveling?

I rarely listen to the radio and I don't do podcasts.

I usually listen to my own playlist.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

APRIL 2.

Audio content! Are there any new podcasts or radio shows you've been listening to that you'd like to recommend to people? 

Same answer here as @Glitterwolf.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

APRIL 2.

I listen to radio much less now. My clock radio keeps getting reset by power interrupts. That alters when it turns itself on. I wind up hearing random things.

I have yet to listen to a Podcast.

1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

APRIL 2.

Audio content! If not, what's the strangest thing you heard on the radio while traveling?

Silence. There was an area of Northern Iowa along I-35 where we could not pickup anything at all.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

APRIL 2.

Lately, no.

Nearly all current radio-shows are revolving around COVID-19, the pandemic, the social and economic repercussions, etc. So it's been kind of boring.

No specific examples of strangest, but it probably be from science or documentary shows. Just because reality is occasionally stranger than fiction.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

APRIL 2.

Blackout NL's podcasts are awesome if you enjoy DnB music, but they aren't exactly new to me.  Kind of saddened that Traxtorm doesn't do Hardcore Italia anymore. 

Strangest thing I've heard was the radio itself.  Every now and then my work truck will glitch itself out, says "USB Device Disconnected" (despite not having one connected in years because it overheats USB sticks AND I can find many mixes released as MP3 or FLAC) and will flick from Bluetooth audio over to the radio. 

Radio's okay for when it's background noise in the office or warehouse, but the instant I need to focus (and/or use it as a focusing tool) the irregularity of the flow and its constantly shifting styles of music is jarring to me, and can work against what I'm aiming for.. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TGP said:

APRIL 2.

Audio content! If not, what's the strangest thing you heard on the radio while traveling?

No wait...

I just remembered: Art Bell!

In second place was: Dr. Gene Scott ...but Bell was much further out there.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

APRIL 2.

Not into podcasts and usually only listen to radio in the car.  More often it's my playlist on a stick drive, 'cause rock stations out here suck.  Like @Cranky Dog said, nearly everything with a human DJ is covering the current pandemic, and that is getting old real fast. 

During the Cold War, at night, I used to be able to pick up Russian and European signals, and even got a couple satellite signals. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Not into podcasts and usually only listen to radio in the car.  More often it's my playlist on a stick drive, 'cause rock stations out here suck.  Like @Cranky Dog said, nearly everything with a human DJ is covering the current pandemic, and that is getting old real fast. 

During the Cold War, at night, I used to be able to pick up Russian and European signals, and even got a couple satellite signals. 

Yes, as I said earlier, all our announcers are being so relentlessly cheerful that is getting slightly sickening. And they do not seem to be able to go 5 minutes without gushing about how wonderful the nurses, posties, dustmen and everybody else who is still actually doing the work they are paid for are.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

APRIL 2.

I usually listen to talk radio in the car to stay informed. Currently listening/watching to Warhammer Community on Twitch while I do other things.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

APRIL 2.

I've been catching up on episodes of The Dungeoncast while working from home lately. It's 2 guys who talk about a single D&D critter, class, race or place every week. Pretty fun if you're into that kind of thing, and if so I'd give it a listen. On the radio I've been tuning in every day at 2 PM to listen to our governor discuss the ongoing emergency. And although I could go on and on about what kind of low life creature he is, he's been surprisingly good at relaying accurate information on a daily basis over the last couple of weeks. If you're in Ohio, it's worth a listen or I think he's on Youtube somewhere as well. 

Other than your standard fire and brimstone radio personalities alternating between telling folks they're damned and hocking gold certificates and miracle cures that are all over the radio in some parts of my state, I can't think of anything weird. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1