Sign in to follow this  
Werkrobotwerk

Getting to know APRIL 2020ish

12 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

April 25

What is the worst dungeon trap?

favorite to use cause players hate it: 10x10 pit with a gelatinous cube at the bottom and a reverse gravity spell set to trigger when the PC's are over the pit

Personal least favorite: In the guest quarters of an abandoned castle, a bowl of coins on a nightstand with a poison needle trap in the bottom <_<

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

April 25

Worst ever encountered: large room of loot on a table, what adventurer could resist? We loaded up on money, went to leave, and the door slammed shut. Eventually we put the loot back on the table, doors stayed shut. Eventually we learned we had to put back DOUBLE the amount/value we had removed before the doors opened.

I can still hear the DM giggling... and a healthy fear of tables offering goodies.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

14 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

April 25

Politics.

Doesn't matter whose.  "Help us solve these few problems" slowly and surely leads to being entrenched in paranoia and skullduggery, and the changes are so subtle you don't realize you're doomed until you are.

The supposedly "good" cultures are the worst.  If you get involved in a culture well-known for this sort of behavior (like the dark elves), you know what you're getting yourself into.  (Now, the dark elves might not give you a choice about getting involved, but that's a different problem.)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

April 25

The ones that aren't fun for the game. Stupid Gotcha traps. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

April 25

Puzzles seem to trip us up the most. Sometimes even when given the solution...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

April 26

We have tracked the kobolds from the moon to an art show. So we will need to go under cover.  What is the best thing you have painted, drawn, or sculpted this month?

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

April 26

We have tracked the kobolds from the moon to an art show. So we will need to go under cover.  What is the best thing you have painted, drawn, or sculpted this month?

An 85ton Battlemech called the MarauderIIC, should work on Kobolds...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

48 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

April 26

The best thing I've sculpted this month would be Kornovik the Outcast. I really need to finish his base and take some pictures. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

April 26

I've just finished painting a Rogue Trader librarian. I don't think it'll suffer the xenos or the mutant.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

April 26

About the only thing I have painted in the past month have been Kings of War troops for a Salamanders army. I wouldn't enter them into anything more than a "show us your tabletop work" kind of affair, but I guess kobolds might not know better?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

April 26

Still a WIP, but I'm happy with how this fellas turning out. Even if my housemate asked me why he was painted as a Batman villain ::P:

DSCN7567.thumb.JPG.93f9aafc146b54961cc521b46c68a5b7.jpeg.158576f0c96f7b99c4180c0dc93b6690.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

April 26

Given that I haven't painted much this month (I'm fixing that this week) I'm going to go with "getting primer on several things and starting to play around with primary colours" as my answer. 

Still weird that I put blue paint on something and depending on how the light hits it its sort of blue (right under the light), shifts between blue and purple (about 30 degrees away from center of light), and looks rather purple outside of said light.  On the flipside though, I did buy that paint because of how it noticeably reacts to primer colour... 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

April 26

My WIP for 02060: Onastaa.

Since she has her own thread, I'll just post a single picture here:

843198781_2020042302060Offset66.jpg.f12e27abef01aa20dc5d835870ceb606.jpg

(click on the picture for a larger version - this one is about half-size, see the WIP thread for more pictures.)

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

April 26

I haven't painted anything.

But I did print my first 3D Prints and they turned out well.

image.png.10f758a47d0181a27450945eb337eb27.pngimage.png.6d0a04b1094aa1369a8431a2469a565d.png

20200426_221423.jpg

20200425_150441.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1