Sign in to follow this  
Werkrobotwerk

Getting to know APRIL 2020ish

7 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

April 30.

last day of April, what happened that was good this month?

I took second place in the regional art exhibition with my self portrait from last year. It's cool to be recognized, but I've already exhibited enough to know it's just the whim of the judge. I'm surprised I placed, as this judge was in love with 'tool marks' (exposed paint brush strokes, rough finishes, etc) and this was my most highly rendered piece. I think maybe because it looks like a photoreal piece until you really dial in and see how much abstraction I'm actually using (that was a major part of my study last year, sorry it doesn't show up in the low res online pic!).

Anyway, my second portrait to collect some awards, which is pretty amazing. So of course I just signed up for a landscape class, where I know nothing at all :D 

2018_Selfie_sm.jpg.dfddb60a76a68198c8489b877922c2a1.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

April 30.

Entertainment: lots of binge-watching online and finding lots of MMA/kickboxing/boxing fights posted on youtube for free by various promotions.

Community: anytime I was out, being able to do little things like help someone struggling to load groceries/animal feed into their car or reach something on a tall shelf (with mask and gloves on).

Health: no issues with insurance for any prescription medicine.

Easter: the cherry on top of the sundae... of all days, finding Angel Soft toilet paper on the shelf... miracles occur, both large and small ::P:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

April 30.

next month's questions will be asked by inarah. Thanks for playing. 

I have... A... Few... On my list....

- living room is tidier than its ever been! 

- we have a gaming table in the living room now! (and it's almost cleared again, now that all the other things are dealt with!) 

- I almost have access to my turntables again, which I'm downright ecstatic about - I've missed mixing so much, but a lot of things just didn't have a place they could be easily put

- I now have three paint/hobby desks, each with their own dedicated purpose AND their own cutting mats, which is helping keep my projects - and desks - tidy, and together.  There is also appropriate storage (more or less) at each desk suited to their purposes

- we have a proper bookshelf!  It's currently mostly taken up with terrain, but I plan on changing this soon enough and having more books be in there than terrain. We're also going to be getting more bookshelves at some point too!

- I've gotten more done in the painting minis department these past 2-3 weeks than I have the past six months. 

- we have some sort of "flop space" to read a book at, watch TV, play the Switch, etc on.  Okay, it's the old mattress with the futon mattress on top, but once the pandemic passes this will be a Jaxx 7.5' lounger instead, and I'll finally have the giant bean bag chair of doom I've wanted for two decades.  It won't be the SAME one I want, but 7.5x4'  (squishes down into a little larger space once you sit on it) is a lot easier than trying to fit something that's 8' diameter and most reviews say will actually take up a 10' diameter space once it's been sat in once. 

- plans for audio production gear are semi-solidifed now, all I have to do is figure out where the space for such will be going (although I've been steadily condensing what's on said audio production gear list) 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

April 30.

April was an odd month — nothing really changed from beginning to end.  Projects that were started long before the month began were still going on at the month’s end.  No activities or going out to punctuate the days or weeks.  It felt to me like “the month that was on hold”.

The only thing of note that happened was the passing of an distant in-law who had long been a thorn in my side.

If I was to pick one thing that was positive, it would be that my immediate family actually grew closer together, being stuck together in the house for pretty much the entire day, days on end!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

April,

Hmmm, I guess you could we had a pay boost for most of it thanks to this damn virus & being a essiential worker. Thou that has passed. I guess the free rpg stuff Wizards has been making for free on various sites. Other then yesterday with my vacation, oh wait not-vacation on the schedule & then come home to find out my FiL hacked parts off a tree we told him not a year ago, April was a decent month.

Thou, I'd trade that tree, my vacation request & the pay boost for thing back to the way they were before this whole crapfest started, that's for sure. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

April 30.

Firstly, a big thank you for all the questions!

Well, lockdown meant that I could get this view every morning on my state mandated daily exercise- if I go early enough I practically have the place to myself. The weather was mostly good as well and we even got a decent view of the Super Moon. But the best thing that's happened is that we've stayed safe and healthy. Keep safe everyone

DSCN8583.thumb.JPG.79292e8b06c3fd7c72867e8095257250.JPG

DSCN8563.thumb.JPG.38b21054bba2d4859211d2e51915f01e.JPG

DSCN6851.thumb.JPG.103561f4699a2dd19d9c7976dbeb93f3.JPG

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

Firstly, a big thank you for all the questions!

Well, lockdown meant that I could get this view every morning on my state mandated daily exercise- if I go early enough I practically have the place to myself. The weather was mostly good as well and we even got a decent view of the Super Moon. But the best thing that's happened is that we've stayed safe and healthy. Keep safe everyone

DSCN8583.thumb.JPG.79292e8b06c3fd7c72867e8095257250.JPG

DSCN8563.thumb.JPG.38b21054bba2d4859211d2e51915f01e.JPG

DSCN6851.thumb.JPG.103561f4699a2dd19d9c7976dbeb93f3.JPG

Those are the kind of views I live for.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 4/28/2020 at 7:21 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

April 28

What are your local birds doing?

Currently huddled away from the rain

On 4/29/2020 at 9:18 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

April 29

Space monsters demand a big cereal! What cereal is it? (can be a fictional cereal)

Black Hole Crunch! 

15 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

April 30.

A bunch. Birthday, friends and family are all well, got some really good news, and painted & sculpted some fun minis. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Thoramel said:

Those are the kind of views I live for.

Is it the waterscape or the clouds that you love? There's a weird little micro climate around that lake which results in copious amounts of cloud overhead even when the surrounding area has a clear sky. Frustrating on dull days, but it looks amazing on sunny ones.

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 7

10 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

Is it the waterscape or the clouds that you love?

The combination of both. I just love to see open water, open sky, and a some scattered clouds. 

• Like 6

On 4/29/2020 at 7:18 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

April 29

Space monsters demand a big cereal! What cereal is it? (can be a fictional cereal)

I originally skipped this question because I had no good ideas. Just stumbled across this today at TMP.

Gorn-Flakes.jpg?w=498&ssl=1

Liked the comment that it's made with real Gorn and those aren't strawberries! :wacko:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3