Getting to know APRIL 2020ish

Werkrobotwerk

3 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

APRIL 4

Have you done any baking recently? What did you make and how did it turn out?

If not, what is your favorite baked food?

Well... I'm Italian... so... yeah... you know... Pizza! :winkthumbs: 
With everything but damn pineapple!

Seriously peps:

do

not

put

pineapple 

on 

Pizza.

Everytime pineapple is used to dress Pizza, million of italian grannies die! 
And it is all your fault.
all youuuuur faaaault :zombie:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

APRIL 4

I baked some chicken meatballs  with cilantro for a soup on Tuesday. They turned out pretty good.

20200331_174947.thumb.jpg.116a87cf86f7f5e27946c8a01facfd71.jpg

I also baked a batch of dog treats last weekend, but no picture of those. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

APRIL 4

I cook almost every day, I haven't baked though unless you count potatoes with rosemary in the skin from the oven..

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

APRIL 4

I don't do a lot of baking, we're on a lower-carb meal plan here.  I make christmas cookies during the season and freeze.  I pick 3-4 recipes and crank them all out in a couple of hours one afternoon while I have all the ingredients handy, then one big wash up.  Got some out the other night and warmed them up.  I bake a pie once or twice a year.  I did a cherry pie for DH's birthday with cherries I picked from a friend's orchard.  I made biscuits and gravy for breakfast, that's a once a month thing in the winter, nice hearty fare.  I make bread a couple of times a year, not enough to be really good at it.  I've been feeding my sourdough starter and plan to bake two loaves today, though.  I was able to get rye and bread flour.  

I can bake just about anything, if I'm in the mood to put the effort in, and the kitchen is clean, and I have the hours to spare, and it's something that will get eaten.  That seldom all happens at once, and like I said, we're not big into cookies and breads. 

I cook dinner nearly every night, tomorrow is going to be a whole roast chicken with vegs.  Later this week I'll be doing a pork tenderloin, but that may end up on the smoker.  The end of the week will be chicken pot pie with the remains of Sunday's bird. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 4/1/2020 at 6:33 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

APRIL 1!

It's April fool's day, so tell us all about your favorite fool, clown, stooge, or jester!

Hard to give a favorite right now. Ever since @Kuroneko posted that link to Jon Richardson in last month's thread, it's lead me down a rabbit hole of British comedians.

On 4/2/2020 at 7:25 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

APRIL 2.

Audio content! Are there any new podcasts or radio shows you've been listening to that you'd like to recommend to people? 

If not, what's the strangest thing you heard on the radio while traveling?

Don't really listen to podcasts. Radio is a bit of a bust since I'm not driving usual distances now; the town's local radio station is powerful enough to drown out the other stations I'd listen to unless I left town. And I don't have Sirius Radio.

I don't know about the strangest thing, but the funniest thing I have heard was on a rock station with a weekly segment called Helium Theatre, where the hosts of the show would inhale helium, read the dialogue from a movie scene, and then you try to guess the movie.

On 4/3/2020 at 6:53 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

APRIL 3!

Have you painted any of the transparent/translucent bones minis? What worked well?

If by "paint" you mean put in a plastic bag, then place into a box, then place into a larger box, and let sit for 7 years... then yes, I have.

APRIL 4

Personally, no, because I live with my parents (who fall into that "at risk for contracting" category). Since I go out and do all the errands/shopping and am risking exposure each time, I isolate/distance myself from them as much as possible and don't risk making/touching food they might eat. But they've been baking, and I am reaping the benefits.::D: Chocolate chip cookies this past week.

Favorite baked food (non-sweet) is a casserole my mom makes. It's macaroni and cheese combined with cooked ground beef, then topped with homemade garlic butter croutons, that is put into the oven and baked to let it finish. Very fatty, probably high in sodium, and not easy on digestion, but so worth it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Cicciopiu said:

Well... I'm Italian... so... yeah... you know... Pizza! :winkthumbs: 
With everything but damn pineapple!

Seriously peps:

do

not

put

pineapple 

on 

Pizza.

Everytime pineapple is used to dress Pizza, million of italian grannies die! 
And it is all your fault.
all youuuuur faaaault :zombie:

Pineapple on pizza

Sugar in cornbread

Ketchup on hotdogs [if you are over 10 years old]

All of these should be flogging offenses.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

APRIL 4

Well, I'm currently "baking" some UV Curing resin (blue of course :poke:) into a warforged artificer....

Other than that no.  My wife is that baker of the family, and she made chocolate chip banana zucchini muffins yesterday. They were darned tasty.....and now I'm hungry.

I enjoy most baked things, with pizza probably right at the top of the list.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

APRIL 4

I have biscuits in the oven right now.

What? I had about a cup of heavy cream that was turning sour, I needed to do something with it.

Also, celebratory non-keto cheat day. Partner and I are both out of the viral woods. Gonna eat a pizza too. It... may have pineapple on it ::P:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

On 4/1/2020 at 3:33 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

APRIL 1!

It's April fool's day, so tell us all about your favorite fool, clown, stooge, or jester!

Monty Python

On 4/2/2020 at 4:25 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

APRIL 2.

Audio content! Are there any new podcasts or radio shows you've been listening to that you'd like to recommend to people? 

If not, what's the strangest thing you heard on the radio while traveling?

I love Sawbones. It's a doctor and her husband and they talk about many different types of medical things and the history behind them. Usually, these have strange and humorous histories.

On 4/3/2020 at 3:53 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

APRIL 3!

Have you painted any of the transparent/translucent bones minis? What worked well?

Nope, but I'd like to.

6 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

APRIL 4

I have not. ::(:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 4/3/2020 at 6:53 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

APRIL 3!

Not yet but after all my clear resin painting lately, I feel that I should tacle some of those soon. 

7 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

APRIL 4

I don’t think I’ve baked in 2 years?  I love most baked things (breads, cakes, deserts...) but just don’t enjoy the process.    I’d likely be the size of a house if I did. 
I do most of the cooking in the house and am lucky that I have a wife who enjoys baking on occasion. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

APRIL 4

Made some cinnamon buns a couple days ago. They turned out poorer than normal. I normally splash a bit of milk on them after putting them in the pan to help melt the brown sugar but forgot until they were already hot in the oven. Then I overcooked them a bit. Not terrible but we're kind of spoiled and expected excellent. The wife made some cream cheese danishes yesterday. Those were great

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

APRIL 4

Over the last couple weeks, I've baked casseroles, meat, pizzas, potatoes, etc. Not any confectionary stuff, though.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1