Sign in to follow this  
Colonel Kane

5e PbP

Hello all 

I am posting this just to see if anyone would be interested in playing in a pbp game. I would use the 5e rule set and it would be set in Waterdeep/ Undermountain, which while I have the stuff for 1e/2e for it  can still be used.

I have never run a 5e game before, but I have played in a game of it and I have run several PbP using retro clones. I have the PHB, DMG and MM books. so I would be open to using anything from them. 

Alright, I guess I am doing this. 

Even though I will use Waterdeep and the gods, I will come up with my own world. So if you are a Forgotten Realms junkie like me, not everything will be the same. Waterdeep will be a capital of a nation. 

You will start in a smallish town a day or two ride out from 'Waterdeep'. You can either start out as from the small town or you can be someone passing through to the capital. 

I want you to play what ever you want to play. do not worry about 'oh the party needs a cleric, so I will play a cleric' play what ever. So start thinking of the character you want to play and let me know. 

20 hours ago, Darcstaar said:

I’m in, if you’ll have me.

You are in.

20 hours ago, Darcstaar said:

Dragonborn Paladin Tank/Healer.

Alright. Background?

8 hours ago, Reverend Shartan said:

Human male, Cleric of Tyr

Reverend Shartan

Alright. Background?

Thanks!  Will work on character tomorrow.  I might choose noble or soldier, so any family/clan/rank info you could PM would be helpful.  Also, I generated stats with 4d6 drop lowest, is that what you wanted?  Or point-buy?  Is Bahamut a choice in your campaign?

13 hours ago, Darcstaar said:

Thanks!  Will work on character tomorrow.  I might choose noble or soldier, so any family/clan/rank info you could PM would be helpful.  Also, I generated stats with 4d6 drop lowest, is that what you wanted?  Or point-buy?  Is Bahamut a choice in your campaign?

Unlike most of my other campagins, I am still working on it and do not have a while lot. 

Character stats

4d6 Drop lowest

However I reserve the right to change scores as I see fit. 

Characters will start out as level 1.

frequency of posting 

once to twice a week, maybe more or less depending on RL.

I will allow Bahamut, but as Tyr is also a god of Justice, they will both be present and as they are both LG, will work together. Bahamut will also be the god of the dragonborn. 

I am thinking of starting the party out at Daggerford.  Also stay aware that while I am using the Forgotten realms as a base, things will be modified to suit me. 

https://ddb.ac/characters/26274398/Zs0Cpy

Stat rolls:

Spoiler

I use Dice and Dragons App.

6, 6, 3, 3, = 15 - Wis

6, 5, 4, 2, = 15 - Con

4, 4, 3, 2, = 11 Dex

6, 5, 5, 2 = 16 Str (+2) = 18

4, 3, 3, 2, = 10 Int

6, 6, 5, 1 = 17 Cha (+1) = 18

Let me know if the link doesn't work.  I can then try to cut/paste stuff here.

3 hours ago, Reverend Shartan said:

Do you want the background here, or via PM ?

Reverend Shartan

I will leave that up to you. If you do not care if everyone knows then post here, if you do not want everyone to know pm me. 

6 hours ago, Darcstaar said:

https://ddb.ac/characters/26274398/Zs0Cpy

Stat rolls:

Hide contents

I use Dice and Dragons App.

6, 6, 3, 3, = 15 - Wis

6, 5, 4, 2, = 15 - Con

4, 4, 3, 2, = 11 Dex

6, 5, 5, 2 = 16 Str (+2) = 18

4, 3, 3, 2, = 10 Int

6, 6, 5, 1 = 17 Cha (+1) = 18

Let me know if the link doesn't work.  I can then try to cut/paste stuff here.

I do not use D&D Beyond, I have signed up to use it, just do not use it. If I need something I have copied the link into a google doc so I can reference it quickly, if the need arises. 

15 minutes ago, Colonel Kane said:

I do not use D&D Beyond, I have signed up to use it, just do not use it. If I need something I have copied the link into a google doc so I can reference it quickly, if the need arises. 

So...

Do you want me to post everything in here separately?