Sign in to follow this  
Colonel Kane

5e PbP

Take another?  I would really like to have an active pbp again!

Elven wizard named Morgrym would be my first choice.  I have been dying to try a wizard in the 5e system...  if you like the concept I can have the  background and reroll stats later today or Wednesday.

I could do a rogue or paladin if it would fit better though 

8 hours ago, Darcstaar said:

So...

Do you want me to post everything in here separately?

Not right now, I might ask you to later, depends on how quicklly I can access the D&D Beyond in a pinch. 

3 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Take another?  I would really like to have an active pbp again!

Elven wizard named Morgrym would be my first choice.  I have been dying to try a wizard in the 5e system...  if you like the concept I can have the  background and reroll stats later today or Wednesday.

I could do a rogue or paladin if it would fit better though 

Kanga you are in. I want you to play what ever your heart desires. you want an elven mage go for it. 

Some background:

The city of Waterdeep is the capital of the nation of Naxos. Both the city and the nation are ruled by the “Lords of Waterdeep '' no one is sure of the number of Lords and they hide their identities except for the Lord Piegeiron Paladinson, who is the only ‘open lord’. The town of Daggerford is on the southern border of the nation. It sits next to the Dagger River. 

The only other nation players need to be aware of is the Zythian Empire. It is an empire run by the Crimson Brotherhood, a group of mages and clerics, bent on world domination. 

Kanga looks good. Only question I have/ want you to think bout is how/ why are you in Daggerford? We will move to Waterdeep, but you all are in Daggerford for the start........ MAHAHAHAHA

Daracstaar your character looks good as well. 

I still need Reverend Shartan and Imperial Officer's characters. I have not set a hard date to start the game, but about another week or two at most. Sooner if I can get everything in order. 

1 hour ago, Colonel Kane said:

Kanga looks good. Only question I have/ want you to think bout is how/ why are you in Daggerford? We will move to Waterdeep, but you all are in Daggerford for the start........ MAHAHAHAHA

That one is easy, Hevalen sent him to get something/see someone.  You can choose or i can but I need to know more about the town to know what, if anything is unique there.  Feel free to tie it to the story line.  I used the advanced lifepath from Xanadar's and let me tell you, that little elf had one interesting young life!  Trying to work "your first lover was a silver dragon" into a backstory was... different.

starting in the next week or 2 is fine by me, just let me know when.  i will tag this topic to let me know when new posts show up.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

That one is easy, Hevalen sent him to get something/see someone.  You can choose or i can but I need to know more about the town to know what, if anything is unique there.  Feel free to tie it to the story line.  I used the advanced lifepath from Xanadar's and let me tell you, that little elf had one interesting young life!  Trying to work "your first lover was a silver dragon" into a backstory was... different.

starting in the next week or 2 is fine by me, just let me know when.  i will tag this topic to let me know when new posts show up.

I do not have the Xanadar's Guide. I have heard it is a pretty good book to have for 5e, but I am not willing to dip my toes into the 5e river more than I have already, just yet. I have been more old school and here recently made the jump to GURPS, which I have fallen in love with as a system. Now because of the lack of interest in GURPS, here, I have turned to 5e. 

Anyways on to Daggerford. 

Daggerford is the seat of the smallest and most southern duchy of the Nation of Naxos. Is sits next to the only known crossing of the dagger River, where a bridge was built to further the trade route to the more southern nations. It is ruled by Duke Clayton Clayburn, who has made a nname for himself 'taming' the local banditary. "Claymore' to his friends, has no qualms about leading his troops into battle if need be, however he is smart enough to know as an heirless leader, his duchy can not run the risk of losing him at this time. 

The main exports of Daggerford is the crops from the surrounding farms and fish from the Dagger River.  

Well that is all I have and Daggerford. I have not done a lot of worldbuiling on this, so most of this is on the fly. If you notice any inconstistancies, please point them out to me, so I can amend them. 

7 hours ago, Colonel Kane said:

I do not have the Xanadar's Guide. I have heard it is a pretty good book to have for 5e, but I am not willing to dip my toes into the 5e river more than I have already, just yet. I have been more old school and here recently made the jump to GURPS, which I have fallen in love with as a system. Now because of the lack of interest in GURPS, here, I have turned to 5e. 

Anyways on to Daggerford. 

Daggerford is the seat of the smallest and most southern duchy of the Nation of Naxos. Is sits next to the only known crossing of the dagger River, where a bridge was built to further the trade route to the more southern nations. It is ruled by Duke Clayton Clayburn, who has made a nname for himself 'taming' the local banditary. "Claymore' to his friends, has no qualms about leading his troops into battle if need be, however he is smart enough to know as an heirless leader, his duchy can not run the risk of losing him at this time. 

The main exports of Daggerford is the crops from the surrounding farms and fish from the Dagger River.  

Well that is all I have and Daggerford. I have not done a lot of worldbuiling on this, so most of this is on the fly. If you notice any inconstistancies, please point them out to me, so I can amend them. 

No worries.  I managed to get in on a sale and got the 6 books i was looking for in hardcover for $75 so i took advantage.  To me, the best part of Xandars is the character life path which expands the simple framework in the PH and gives a really easy setup for a backstory (and still my players cant be bothered but whatever :lol:) without actually giving any bonuses that will directly affect the character (i have a villian, a couple of plot hooks, a couple of powerful allies, and a home town and family) that the DM can use.  Unless you can get it cheap though, i cant say its really worth the cost.  anyway, it helps me build pretty good backstories pretty quickly.  if there is anything i want to use out of it, i will send you the copied text to make sure you are okay with it and if your not, we wont use it.

Daggerford works for me unless you plan to use it really heavily.  dont need much more than an inn, a shop, and a plot device unless you want us to explore it!

I'd be interested if you're still taking sign ups and willing to work with me on learning 5e.  I play Pathfinder and played D&D up to 3.5, so it's just some of the fine details that I'm foggy on.

My apologies, it has been a rather busy week. 

Start date, I will try to make my opening post in May 1st, baring any any diasters that may pop up between now and then. 

On 4/25/2020 at 8:21 PM, Pippin said:

I'd be interested if you're still taking sign ups and willing to work with me on learning 5e.  I play Pathfinder and played D&D up to 3.5, so it's just some of the fine details that I'm foggy on.

Pippin, if you want in make a character. I do have to point out to you this is my first time DMing a 5e game. I have run 1e and a few retro clones as well GURPS. So I may not be up to speed on all things 5e. If you have the players guide, even the free one we are using that. 

I need to rattle some cages.