77379: Dracolisk color scheme hell

Gah! I can’t figure out what to do with the dracolisk’s skin and wings. Any advice? I’m really happy with the green scales - I will probably add some yellow to the highlights.

First time priming black, used white spray paint as well. D32EEC93-52B8-48B2-9F29-C7ED19D03EB3.jpeg.0c6f8d0d19a93ce086d0dda9e11b9cf1.jpeg

After working on the scales:

E2EC23AE-D87A-47DB-8F44-858C8FD0C484.jpeg.8086c68fb5d37c42e7218d870aea85eb.jpeg

A friend suggested making the skin blue. I regret  my decision. It looks weird, and now I was lost. This was after highlighting one wing.

6FA11653-705D-4195-A15D-4E68C6FEA5E5.jpeg.418ee6a53471b4a442091f375070d25a.jpeg

3D42EF78-E672-410B-84FC-DB4BF21BE936.jpeg.45a791e6ecbfe9bcb8d3fcc4a1c60dd6.jpeg

Here I was trying for more yellow/brown on a test wing patch. Success? Should I do this for the skin on the belly and claws?

298C9D76-CFB4-421B-B0B2-BD6E48810269.jpeg.5cb7b578a9fa366dc3fc468c57f7cd5e.jpeg3241A83C-A597-4314-9312-502647F95150.jpeg.26d2bbea6c0322df9ebd5fbfbae8b140.jpeg

Thanks for the advice!

Edited by Bobicus
Switched a photo
  • Like 12
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the yellowed brown works better than the blue.

You could use a metallic green or a gold and drybrush very gentle and subtle over the green scales, not too much just enough to create a shimmer.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Glitterwolf said:

I think the yellowed brown works better than the blue.

You could use a metallic green or a gold and drybrush very gentle and subtle over the green scales, not too much just enough to create a shimmer.

Thanks for the feedback! I hadn’t thought of dry brushing with a metallic- I’ll give it a shot!

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Bobicus said:

Thanks for the feedback! I hadn’t thought of dry brushing with a metallic- I’ll give it a shot!

I've done it a few times, depending on the base colour gold or silver.

I also use red or green metals

DSCN0356.JPG

DSCN0556.JPG

DSCN0560.JPG

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 5

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.