• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf
      Archvillain Miniatures 3D file, printed on my Elegoo Mars.
      Temple is from Archvillain Egyptian Bases pack.
      The other two ruin pieces are from Greenstuffworld Egyptian Ruins.
      Sand is Vallejo Desert Sand.

Part of my Shifting Sands Project.
      WIP here:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79372-shifting-sands-glitterwolf-paints-egyptian-undead/page/18/#comments

The Crusaders thought they were winning, the unholy forces of the ancient Undead were almost defeated and they could taste victory.
      Too late Grandmaster Joseph noticed the Priest on a large sanddune behind the Undead's ranks, he was performing some  unholy ritual for sure!
      Joseph spurred his Knights on, but he was too late, the Priest uttered the final words of power and then the creature appeared.
      It swooped down from the sky, it's metallic wings reflecting the sunlight and blinding his men, and then it landed amidst his Army, footmen were trampled, it's cruel blades hacked through the ranks of his Knights.
      A heavy tail knocked Grandmaster Joseph from his steed.
      Lying on his back he looked into the Sun, a final prayer on his lips when he saw the creature approaching, a glimps of what was once a woman's face and then all went black.

• By MojoBob
      This charming little chap is by a guy called Schlossbauer on Thingiverse, and he calls it Heavy Flesh. It recalls to mind an AD&D monster of some sort, from Monster Manual II I think, but I can't quite place it.

The spearman, for scale, is as usual Sergeant Measureby with his Spear of 5mm Increments.

The Flesh was printed in eSun PLA+ at 0.08mm on my Ender 3.

• By Glitterwolf
      This is a 3D printed miniature from Rocketpig Miniatures which I printed on the Elegoo Mars.
      Part of my Shifting Sands Project.
      WIP Here:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79372-shifting-sands-glitterwolf-paints-egyptian-undead/

What did you say?
      You don't know the answer to my riddle?
      How unfortunate...!

• By Kuroneko
      A long time ago, in March 2019 to be exact, @NomadZeke set a painting challenge for that years April Fools Day. Paint something ridiculous.......20 months later I finally finished my entry for it He's based on a Pathfinder Huge pawn holder for ease of use in games.

I absolutely adore this mini, in my opinion it's the best Huge sized dragons on the market and one of Julie Guthrie's most stunning sculpts 

I humbly present to you, Kyphrixis the multi-hued Rainbow Dragon!

Hope y'all like him, as always all comments and criticisms are happily received
    • By Kangaroorex
      continuing my quest to paint down some of my metal mountain of dragons is my second Green Dragon II from Grenadier.  I wound up with multiple copies of this dragon (I wont say how many but i still have another in its original box...) so when i noticed that i had primed this one a while ago, i decided to try the painting method from Mocha's painting a Rocky class during Reapercon (thanks @Mocha I am getting a lot of use out of that technique and it has definitely helped me with contrast in everything I paint) of starting with the darkest colors and working up to the brightest.  This is the result of my trial with the dragon of the month series .  I decided that since they liked swamps and other watery environments, i would give her a bed of dry river rocks in an underground cave.  (hey everyone likes a comfy bed but nobody really likes a wet bed!) so i started with the base the miniature came with and expanded from there bringing the rocks out from there.  The first pass had them all a monotone color which left the base looking almost black and white against the green dragon.  Interesting but not what i wanted.  Some colored inks later and we have a nice bed of various colored rocks!

She comes out really vibrant with lots of shadow and contrast really nice!  About my only fault is i haven't given much thought to handling a different colored belly scale and how a significantly lighter scale would work given the steady darkening as the light lowers past the widest parts of the model. Oh well, maybe next time.

For comparison, this is the same dragon I did about a decade ago:

I like both but i dont have to guess about which one will catch the most attention, even though it took far less time and skill.  I am happy to give both of them a home, though i should probably give the older one a new base and maybe fix a few of his chips and dings (honorably gotten eating unwary PCs and their horses!)

Hope you enjoy them!

• Who's Online   19 Members, 2 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)