72moonglum

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Very good work on such a tiny mini.

And I think the eyes look good, the lipstick is awesome!

Thanks Glitterwolf! Lots of my lipsticks are really dark, so this was more of a light bright pink to match the clothes a little bit and her nail polish.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Metalchaos said:

I like how you pay attention to detail like the fingernails. The skin tone and the shading on her white ceremonial dress are stunning. Beautiful work.

Thanks Metalchaos! With her dress, I really wanted to give an illusion of transparency which I don’t think I achieved, but it still came out okay I think. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, 72moonglum said:

I actually like this miniature a lot, even though the proportions are a little weird.

I see what you mean about the proportions.  

Here is a link to what might be the original inspiration...dates all the way back to White Dwarf #13. Russ Nicholson is the Illustrator.

Can't show it inline; might break the forum rules.

But compare the figures: each one is female, human, similar scant outfits, armed with dagger.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TGP said:

I see what you mean about the proportions.  

Here is a link to what might be the original inspiration...dates all the way back to White Dwarf #13. Russ Nicholson is the Illustrator.

Can't show it inline; might break the forum rules.

But compare the figures: each one is female, human, similar scant outfits, armed with dagger.

Thanks TGP, I never knew that drawing existed and I'm pretty sure that you're correct.  Here's the original Citadel version of that miniature:

Citadel-FA-FA20.jpg.86b2a9414d011202bc052228e22e3c38.jpg

With that original drawing, I would have loved to have painted it so transparent, but I feel my skills just aren't there.  What I really want is to hunt down this Citadel version to also paint, it's a really neat little piece.  

I've got actually some Citadel figures here at home, maybe 15-20 lying around,  that I want to little by little start painting, just have to start doing them amidst my other little minis.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, 72moonglum said:

Thanks Metalchaos! With her dress, I really wanted to give an illusion of transparency which I don’t think I achieved, but it still came out okay I think. 

I think you managed to get a nice feel of transparency. The fabric seems silky.

• Like 1