• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      Hello there fine followers of the fine Reaper faith and Happy Fourth of July for those in Gringolandia!

So here is my Shadowrun Dryad, made by Ral Partha, probably sculpted by Jim Johnson in 1996 if you choose to believe the bottom of the base, and I do.

I did her the same time I did the Night Elf I also just recently posted, but one of the eyes on this green haired chicky poo, I just couldn't get it like I wanted to, so I went back and redid the eye, and I still didn't like it, so this is the third version, which I'm also not super duper satisfied with, but there comes a point when I just give up to move to the next small piece of metal.

So here she is:

and here is a close up of her eyes.  Her left one hs that spoke that I just didn't get closed properly.  From really close it's very noticeable, but only kind of noticeable from afar and I really couldn't tell with the actual figure, only with the zoom of modern technology.  I never had these issues back in the eighties.

Anyway, I like some of these Shadowrun figures, because besides being just generally cool, they kind of cross two genres.  This one and the other night elf, could easily be fantasy figures, nothing really would orient them to actual science fiction.

So back to the painting table!  Enjoy your Independence Day, or in the rest of the world, Saturday!

• By 72moonglum
      Hello Reaperholics!

So I've had this one finished for a few days now, but I usually photograph one sunny days and the last few days have been kind of cloudy.
      I actually really enjoy the figure, once you get paint on her, you bring out more detail.  She's from Ral Partha's Shadowrun range. Her original set came with a dryad and another large elf subtype that I'm also working on. I have the dryad done, but I wasn't happy with her eyes so I'm going to try one more time to fix the eyes before I take final pictures.
      Anyhoos, hope you all enjoy!

For whatever reason, I seem to always see magic flame as green, so this mini was no exception!
    • By 72moonglum
      Hi guys and guyettes!

So continuing on with some Dennis Mize Children of the Night dinosaurs, here is the Monoclonius Agathaumas:

He went on a long, oval base because he was just too big for whatever circular ones I had. Tried to once again stay away from a green or grey color scheme. Not a very dramatic pose, just a dinosaur kind of hanging out, but I think he's pretty swell as far as dinosaurs go.  Not a triceratops, doesn't have those wonderful long horns on his head, just little nubs.   If I get so inspired, I'll go look up his name to see what actually is known about this particular type of dinosaur and where he lived, et cetera.

Back in the days of my youth, the seventies, we as kids really loved anything related to dinosaurs and cavemen.  But those were back in the days of pre-pre Jurassic Park, we had more Harryhausen as our main provider of cinematic dinosaurs, and whatever books we could get at book stores.  

Speaking of seventies dinosaurs, has anybody visited the Flintstone Park in South Dakota and is it still there?

• By 72moonglum
      Hello sentient painting creatures!

So here's one I just finished painting and just got his base finished this morning and some pictures taken:

from an eighties Ral Partha set of Julie Guthrie figures, originally called the Berserkers, with was a group of different types of fighters/warriors. Nice set, as is all of what the Goddess Guthrie creates.

With this one, I also am using as a comparison set, because I also painted this one many, many years ago. So it was in the eighties, before 1986 when I graduated high school, so this painted version is of an age between 34 and maybe 39 years old, couldn't nail down an exact date exactly:

I started out with the same skin and hair more or less on my new version, but changed up his wardrobe as to note make a carbon copy.  The new figure was painted with Reaper colors and the old version was Polly S.

Anyhoos, always fun to do these little comparison shots!
    • By Choppertown
      After completing my Reaper training kits, I'm ready to start tackling my old 80s lead minis from my youth.  I tried painting a couple when I was twelve years old and failed so miserably I literally thought there was no way I would ever be able to even attempt this hobby and it was just better left to others with more talent.  Thanks Reaper for making the awesome training sets and helping me try again after over 35 years.  So without further ado I begin digging into my vault from the 80s.  Apologies if this forum is for Reaper products only, no insult intended.

So I think this baddie might be a Ral Partha Hill Troll, but not sure. Anybody have some insight?

• Who's Online   25 Members, 0 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)