Chaos Witch

Stern Kestrelmann

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it. She does have a high forhead. Any reasonably flexible woman could bend like that. their center of balance is in their hips so yes it does look painful to guys because we would be straining not to fall over if we bent at the waist like that with our feet together.

Why is it usually the guys who take offense to sexy minis?

Why is it usually the guys who take offense to sexy minis?

I dont know. I love sexy female minis, but then again I am female...

I have no clue why some of the guys take offense, I sure don't. I've got the Chaos Witch and I think Werner did a fine job on the sculpt.

It's a lot more fun to paint good female minis than a bunch of dudes. Working on a command group of 11 historical Romans for a friend of mine is a killer. (Had to take a break halfway thru and paint an Assassin Miniaturen Bladedancer, entry #5 in the Assassin Painting contest on Fozzbozz.com)

Does anyone know how that base is painted?  I've seen several of the freebooter minis done that way.  It's a very translucent dark grey, splochy, but intentionally so.  Are they just washes of the bare metal?

Try a small sponge...

Like you would sponge paint a wall, but doing it on a MUCH smaller scale...

LOL :lol:

Or I would take one of my stiff mixing brushes, cut the end flat and STIPPLE the paint in very very fine layers on there.

Definitely some good ideas, but I can't seem to match the effect. I will be doing more experimentation, but does anyone know definitively how those base edges were painted?

I have mixed feelings about them (sexy minis). I'm certainly one to be sex-positive in a general way, but i'm also oppression (including sexism) negative.

So for me, it depends on the look of the mini. Some extremely sexy minis I really like, others I don't.

The Chaos Witch I don't like - but not because it's sexy, rather because it's got her in the most ridiculous pose with back over-arched and generally trying to both brew potions and pose for a fashion shoot at just the same time. The idea that a witch would do this on the off chance a peeping tom was watching her make a potion is not only non-sensical, but dangerous: it increases the likelihood of falling into the fire!! There's a reason women (and men!) don't bend over like that all the time. Because of that, it can't help but remind me of the "women should be available to their man at any moment" sexist expectation, and THAT is decidedly NOT sexy to me.

Give me a sexy person in a realistic pose & I'm fine with it - i even enjoy it. And strumpets in sexy poses - that's fine. Those are the poses that strumpets are SUPPOSED to adopt. It's in character, for goodness (or badness) sake.

so, regardless of the skill demonstrated in the sculpt, I'll pass this one by and wait for something where the hotness factor comes from a legitimate, in-character pose, costume, and attitude.

just my $2.

cd

I don't think the sculpt or pose is that horrible, I just can't picture that miniature in that pose, leaning over a hot cauldron to mix a potion. I know it is physically possible, but it just does not seem to fit with the intended purpose.

I'd probably split the pinched fingers, twist the wrist, and add a brass pole for a conversion. Or add her in with the Madame, Stumpets and Seductress minis.