Sign in to follow this  
TaleSpinner

The Happy Side of Social Isolation

7 hours ago, haldir said:

azmendN_460swp.webp

That didn't take long to make it here, that only started circulating yesterday afternoon on Twitter... 

Although a lot of fursuiters have been making those kinds of comments for a few weeks now. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

That didn't take long to make it here, that only started circulating yesterday afternoon on Twitter... 

Although a lot of fursuiters have been making those kinds of comments for a few weeks now. 

Technically it just means that they are willing to subject themselves to additional stress to support their interpretation of reality.  although you do have to admit, the fursuits really do bring a whole new level of safe social interaction. 

I do wonder what people would do if I started wandering around in a full face respirator?  they tend to be a bit more comfortable, heat wise, than a paper or fabric mask.  Strap marks can be a bit of a problem though and if you thought hat hair was interesting... (not an issue I have anymore but some still do)

• Like 8

46 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

Technically it just means that they are willing to subject themselves to additional stress to support their interpretation of reality. 

Do note that maybe only 5% of the furry fandom has any kind of suit, be it partial or full. 

I find suits to be more about the heat retention than any breathing difficulty though, especially if properly designed, as suits designed by professional companies (or dedicated hobbyists) tend to not only be more durable, but breathe easier.  No I don't own one, but I did spend most of the 2000 ITU World Triathlon dressed up as St John Ambulance's mascot "Spot" (the local chapter(s) have a dalmatian, and I was voluntold into it).  I'd sooner spend the $4k (or more) that a decent suit costs on a nice gaming rig, paying off debts, or one absolutely epic airbrush setup... 

48 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

I do wonder what people would do if I started wandering around in a full face respirator? 

They are comfier, but the biggest issue is most of them will only provide protection to you - not to anyone around you, as they typically only filter air coming in.  We have one guy at work who wears on, and he tries to talk normally, so we can't understand him half the time. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

They are comfier, but the biggest issue is most of them will only provide protection to you - not to anyone around you, as they typically only filter air coming in.  We have one guy at work who wears on, and he tries to talk normally, so we can't understand him half the time. 

that depends on the device.  Having sneezed in mine a few times I can safely say that no asperation made it out of the mask. (more's the pity.)  most of the modern designs have a rubber flapper valve that passes allows air to pass though a coarse retention screen.  that directs the outlet air down and away from whatever you're working on.  To get out, the air needs to make two right angle turns capturing most expectorant and seriously slowing down anything that's left. 

I agree with you on the talking part though:  if the respirator doesn't have a vocoder on it, trying to talk through one is a serious pain and if the seal around the nose is not perfect the face shield fogs up in no time.  Its just fun to walk into an area wearing one and watch the panic around you, especially when everyone else is already wearing masks.

But its left to the people who wear what they want to wear.  Typically I wear a soft flannel face mask and have to wash it after every trip out, but I am suffering a summer cold and sinus issues so why would you want to wear something with bright green and brown on the inside (yuck) and thus I change it often.

• Like 9

One good thing I've discovered about wearing masks in public is that you don't have to give a darn about hiding your cold sores.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, BadgersinMeadows said:

sign.jpg

Screen_Shot_2017-06-27_at_2.10.37_PM.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, TripleH said:

116372739_3278480952216405_6831313424942430032_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=YcKrPu24nFcAX9qom2z&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=ddd79de6fcd55706188eaba2e2fd42ee&oe=5F47CD59

Egad. 
One might have to resort to reading a book. <_<  

(Made of Paper !)

:ik_oops:

• Haha 7