The Happy Side of Social Isolation

TaleSpinner

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For the first time in about 12 months I have been more than 50 miles away from home. Wife and self had a very pleasant day in a nearest cathedral city. Bought winter clothing, various kitchen implements, gardening supplies and best of all spent an hour in a really big Bookstore! (Anna Leckie's "Ancillary Justice", Johnathan Fenby's "de Gaulle and the France he Saved" and volumes 2 & 3 of "Monstress" for me, a pile of murder mysteries for my other half.)

The interesting thing is that we both agree it was a pleasant day out, but we feel no urgent need to repeat the experience until next spring. Human beings are very adaptable creatures.

• Like 12

On 9/28/2021 at 7:43 AM, Jasper_the_2nd said:

I'd wear that.....

I dunno. I went to Costco in a holey t-shirt with manure stains on it, sweatpants and smelling like a hog barn and people still wouldn't stay six feet away from me.   

Props to me for almost taking out the hand sanitizer stand. It was right in the middle of the aisle, and I was enamored with the picture on the flatscreen TV. Mumsy stopped me in the nick of time. It would've been hilarious, though. It would've been caught under the cart full of big bottles of water.  

image.png.2e7953d296f0734faf9c00772b192a3a.png

Who else is actually excited to quarantine for a change?

• Like 8

16 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

I dunno. I went to Costco in a holey t-shirt with manure stains on it, sweatpants and smelling like a hog barn and people still wouldn't stay six feet away from me.   

6466fe1233ff123b4ff15ca52655278a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

On 9/27/2021 at 11:09 AM, haldir said:

41e3b482b7902ec9a1c3906efd41ae26.jpg

Yessss.

I am visiting family for first time in ages now. Wtf is with the USA?! Did they forget the whole social distancing thing totally? In Canada we aren't totally rigorous anymore but the personal space bubble in grocery store lines is a lot bigger now. Back here it is like people want to be squashed like sardines >.<

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

As the Zombie Queen, I say not really. Your stomach acids will mess up all the vaccination goodness. You need the good juice shoved into you, bypassing the dangers of the digestive tract, for full effect.

If the orally administered vaccination trials are successful (the one I wanted to participate in was an oral vaccine), then you may have better luck. In that case, you need to consume a LOT of vaccinated humans, because by being in a human already, the vaccine is diluted, especially as they excrete waste and process it themselves. So you better be hungry if you're going that route. You may need to collect a lot of bone marrow and lymphnodes to chew on to get the job done.

Or you could go get a jab yourself. Fast. Easy. Get invited to all the cool cannibal parties where they eat to satisfaction instead of health goals.

• Haha 10