Sign in to follow this  
TaleSpinner

The Happy Side of Social Isolation

Sit near some plywood and That would make you am official chairman of the board.

I'll show myself out now...

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

I tried something I've never been brave enough to try before, but need drove me to it: I cut my husband's hair! I also cut mine, but I was far less nervous (also less careful lol) since I've got way more hair and could always trim off more to even it out. 

The results for both were...okayish. Clearly done by an amateur, but not terrible. I think his turned out better than mine, since I took my time on his, whereas I spent maybe 5 mins and simply chopped off the bottom couple inches of mine. :lol: I wasn't about to attempt layering on myself, even though my hair is thick and badly needs it!

My entire goal was to achieve a result that was a) at least okay, and b) left enough for our regular hairdresser to fix it when things open up again. I think I was successful on both counts. :lol:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 18

Since I'm going for the Albus Dumbledore look the entire concern about barbering is somewhere off in the future.

Now the hairdresser being closed is another matter, as I found out last year that it's a lot easier to have somebody else do the necessary "color correction" for the full effect.

GEM

• Like 13

Last time I checked on fashion the "messy ponytail" look was was still in style,  so I'm good. 

Beautiful spring day here, nearly perfect.  Lilacs in full bloom around the deck.  Going to put seeds in pots and see what comes up.   

Going to be a good evening to grill some hot dogs, too. 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, OneBoot said:

I tried something I've never been brave enough to try before, but need drove me to it: I cut my husband's hair! I also cut mine, but I was far less nervous (also less careful lol) since I've got way more hair and could always trim off more to even it out. 

I’ve got clippers on order.  I usually have the barbers mow it all down in a buzz cut with a #2 guard, so I’m hoping that my partner will be able to handle that.  She says she used to trim her horse, back in her equestrienne days...

• Like 4
  • Haha 12

I don't cut my hair at all so I'm good.

For some reason winter's back? It came back hard enough that my 'requires a hard freeze in order to bloom' orchid has put out fresh new blooms.

• Like 13

On 5/1/2020 at 3:07 PM, TripleH said:

Image may contain: possible text that says 'To all the states opening up, DO NOT travel to CA. We're still in Time out and can't have any friends over..'

Except for the proto-state of Jefferson, [north eastern California] which is starting to open for business.

GEM

• Like 7

Dinner was a Feast. ::):

Went to Costco on Thursday and had to wait in line to get into store.

Once inside the reduced number of shoppers made it easy to get in, get our stuff, and get out.

SWMBO found Salmon.  Three kinds!  So she picked out a nice fillet of sockeye salmon, which I prepared this evening with lemon and parsley.

Served with a green salad and mashed potatoes with gravy. :winkthumbs::wub:

We are comfortably full with happy tummies.

And no leftovers. :poke:

GEM

• Like 11