Sign in to follow this  
TaleSpinner

The Happy Side of Social Isolation

So as of today, there are no active cases of Covid-19 being treated in my province, and there have been no new positive cases in 14 days. (Also, I believe there have been 0 deaths related to covid-19; all positive cases have recovered)

This is a good thing.

Will be interesting to see how they deal with it, and how well everyone follows the rules.

I'm happy that my employer seems more than happy to take things slow. Our department at least seems really happy with how the work from home thing has been going and seems to be in no hurry to have everyone back in the office.  And I'm great with that.  ::):

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

LOCKDOWN LETTER FROM YOUR DOG:

Dear hoomans

I have noticed over the past couple of weeks you have been staying in my home for extended periods of time. It is lovely having you here but I feel I should set a few ground rules. I would appreciate it if you would follow the rules whilst you are staying with me.

1. When you do pop out you will need to take me with you.

2. You seem to be eating lots of nice goodies whilst lazing about the house. I am entitled to a share of these. I won’t make a fuss I will just sit in front of you and quietly stare at you until I get my quota.

3. Don’t call me for another bath, I am clean now. Just because you are bored doesn’t mean I need a wash or haircut. I suggest you go clean the metal box on wheels outside again. Daddy human has done that a few times now even though it hasn’t moved in weeks.

4. As you are here constantly at the moment, it is your duty to let me out as often as I require. That means that even if I have just come in and want to go out again you should let me. Sometimes I miss a spot whilst sniffing about and I need to recheck.

5. When I am asleep, leave me sleeping, this isn’t a cue for the little humans to play with me. I can also sleep where I like, I don’t expect to be woken so you can move me.

6. Do not shhhh me when I am barking. As you are here more, my job of protecting you has increased. I have to listen out for every little noise and inform you of it in case it’s a threat.

7. Don’t leave a room without me, I know how sneaky you guys can be. Just the other day I am sure I heard a crisp packet being opened upstairs and no one called me to share. So from now on I will be following you about.

8. This is a very important rule. If it lands on the floor it’s MINE, if it’s in my mouth it’s MINE.

9. You will never pee alone again, you watch me pee so I do not understand why you shut me out and close the loo door when you pee.

10. If you do not follow these rules I will use SAD PUPPY DOG EYES TO GET WHAT I WANT!

• Like 2
  • Haha 16

My phone reminded me that 1 year ago today we got our Bones4 delivery. 

IMG5_200338410.jpg.24a66bc2f48b59ce9d46da70a528f557.jpg

Yes, that is a cat in the picture. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Inarah said:

My phone reminded me that 1 year ago today we got our Bones4 delivery. 

IMG5_200338410.jpg.24a66bc2f48b59ce9d46da70a528f557.jpg

Yes, that is a cat in the picture. 

No doubt waiting for all that "useless plastic" to be emptied out of their New Box.

GEM

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

Y'know, I have to say, to me there's one HUGE perk that's come about with how COVID-19 has messed around with a lot of things, but especially the postal system....

With CanadaPost not updating the tracking on most packages originating from out of country, it's kind of a neat surprise gift in the mail thing when I get a notice card...  Because the tracking won't update on the notice card either, so you really have no idea what box just came in!  I think I'm down to 3 or 4 inbound packages lost in the ether now...  UPS and FedEx are still pretty obvious ones, but still.  It is a nice little treat to get a package notice and not know what it is until you've actually gotten to the post office and they hand you the box...

• Like 9

I have been getting faster biking up the big hill. Still haven't expanded the range further; sticking to the 20km/12.5mi loop for now. Last night I PASSED PEOPLE! Two going up the hill, and one on the flat. Hah!

I also saw a coyote! I was on the shoulder of the road, and there was a car on the road so I couldn't really get off the shoulder. A coyote was also on the shoulder trotting opposite direction to me. I said hi and waved as I went by (~4-5ft away). It looked at me and kept trotting.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Taters! :wub:

20200510_070222.thumb.jpg.b43cba95ab3180bccf19f60f8fa13330.jpg

The ones in this pot are the biggest, and will be ready for their first hilling fairly soon. Exciting! :bday:

Hopefully they result in actual taters and not just fun plants, but only time will tell! ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cyradis said:

A coyote was also on the shoulder trotting opposite direction to me. I said hi and waved as I went by (~4-5ft away). It looked at me and kept trotting.

I hope you kept an eye out for it and potentially some of its friends.

Coyotes have been pushing back into cities and aren't as afraid of people as they used to be.  Chicago had a couple attacks early this year.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

image.png.af7c4b0a3185831331a3a1dc4a90e712.png

:lol: ::D: :lol: ::D: :lol: ::D: :lol: ::D: :lol: ::D: :lol: ::D: :lol: ::D: :lol: ::D: :lol: ::D: :lol: ::D:

• Like 5

Another positive thing: I've been talking to my brother more than ever before; we had a 3 hour conversation today! ^_^We've always had a good relationship, but never been super close due to being 5 years apart, so it's been very nice getting to know him better. :)

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, strawhat said:

I hope you kept an eye out for it and potentially some of its friends.

Coyotes have been pushing back into cities and aren't as afraid of people as they used to be.  Chicago had a couple attacks early this year.

Was watching in general. It wasn't really afraid of me, but it was distinctly not interested either. Had a "I see you, let's not bother each other" attitude. Kept biking along the road, didn't see others.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 5/6/2020 at 5:31 AM, Glitterwolf said:

image.png.655340cce5edd281880c7593dfcda5f3.png

Sounds like a joke.

Isn't.

And started well before 2020.

Door handles are one of the most prevalent vectors for the communication of disease.

Hand goes to door handle, then transfers the infection when contact is made by the hand to the corners of the eyes.

The Auld Grump - public bathrooms at the local shopping mall went doorless about ten years ago.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2