Sign in to follow this  
TaleSpinner

The Happy Side of Social Isolation

Well, today I was off and we went and did a little planning for the house we are building next year. Fun picking some stuff out at Home Depot. Looking forward to life returning to normal.

• Like 14

I usually drink lots of tea and a few espressos/coffee ( black), lately I find myself drinking more and more coffee.

Now I wonder if this is a good idea...I'm feeling more restless and jittery.

Also:

image.png.6f5eea8d0da9265b227f86e8e90ec52c.png

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 6
  • Haha 13

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I usually drink lots of tea and a few espressos/coffee ( black), lately I find myself drinking more and more coffee.

I've been drinking more tea and staying up later, but since I don't have to be anywhere in the morning, also sleeping later.  Feeling restless and jittery could also be a side effect of stress or anxiety because of the uncertain times. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

On 5/13/2020 at 2:21 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Also:

image.png.6f5eea8d0da9265b227f86e8e90ec52c.png

Ugh I want a set of weights and my pull up bar so badly right now. AHHH. I miss my training sessions.

Yesterday we had the weather I was looking for.

It was a pretty morning. Then around 7pm it rained hard for a short amount of time. Soggied up the beaches and the parks! The sky stayed partially overcast. It threatened to rain more... but it didn't. I biked before sundown, figuring I didn't mind if it was going to rain. The threat was enough to keep the impatient sunbathers away, so the beaches and parks had very few people out. Everyone was easily well spaced. But no more rain came to my path - I saw it raining on NorthVan across the bay, hah! The air was cool, the sky was mostly clear, and I was spaced out! Huzzah! Got to the top of the Big Hill and told Sir Cyr that he should get on his bike and join me up there because the view was super pretty. Okay.... it almost killed Sir Cyr to get up the hill. I puttered around campus, and saw that the good pizza place was open for take-out. So while he struggled up the hill, I got us a pizza. Nibbled it with him when he finally made it to the rose garden. Then to avoid hurting his legs more, we just went back down the hill. And we saw raccoons on the way back!

• Like 16

33 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Except raccoon is spelled with two Cs.  :) 

Meme product of schools locked down due to virus.........:lol:

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Inarah said:

Except raccoon is spelled with two Cs.  :) 

Also the...creative spelling of incessantly. :lol:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Social isolation (well self-isolation) finally got me to try out Instacart delivery... And email chef's plate (and hello fresh, and good food) too... 

• Like 7

Just now, WhiteWulfe said:

Social isolation (well self-isolation) finally got me to try out Instacart delivery... And email chef's plate (and hello fresh, and good food) too... 

Hope you're doing well!

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Hope you're doing well!

Both of us are alright, more or less, just a case of waiting it out.

I swear I still can taste that swab though! ::P:

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

This was such a good thread to read. :wub:

Honestly, we started this out with a weird bit of survivor's guilt. My love does remote IT for banks and hospitals so his job wasn't going anywhere. I already stayed at home so we're used to living on a single paycheck.

We started ordering contactless pickup once a week from our favorite local food places to help them pay rent if they were open, when we typically eat out once or twice a *month.* But we wanted to be able to help where we could.

We're not super social to begin with, so the biggest change for us is that we haven't gone camping, fishing, or bike riding in almost 3 months. :down: That's the only part that's been driving us crazy and we felt a little guilty about that. But we're doing our part and staying indoors as much as possible.

Oh. And my husband only knows how to have fun. The first few weeks of him working from home, I got 0 chores done because he kept distracting me! We thought it would be the other way around! :lol:

• Like 14

Yeah for the Oregon Supreme Court!  After yesterday's Judge ruling on the Govnah's "tyrrical"  stay at home order by some judge here in Eastern OR, they put a hold on the order.

All this cause some churches across the state won't follow orders. Thou, looking at my town, not like they are following her orders anyways. Some are of course, but allot just go about like its normal.

• Like 4