Sign in to follow this  
TaleSpinner

The Happy Side of Social Isolation

As much as I love to cook, I am getting pretty tired of only eating food that I fixed. Today I think I'm going to call in some carry out somewhere. 

• Like 13

On 5/20/2020 at 5:08 AM, Loim said:

As much as I love to cook, I am getting pretty tired of only eating food that I fixed. Today I think I'm going to call in some carry out somewhere. 

We had an unexpected discovery from doing that, actually. To our surprise, the quality of  the Little Ceasars pizzas we've gotten during the quarantine has gone up markedly. I was pondering the reasons for this, when I realized it was because we've been ordering ahead, rather than just picking one up when we get there, so it's always super fresh. 

So yeah, I think we'll be doing that from now on! ^_^

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 11

I don't know if it's the cool weather, the fact that the deer haven't been wandering down to the end of the road where I live  or the extra time I've spent weeding, but my garden is pumping out lettuce, spinach and baby kale faster than we can eat it.

Only down side is that it's going to be a long, long wait for decent tomatoes.

• Like 10

3 hours ago, OneBoot said:

We had an unexpected discovery from doing that, actually. To our surprise, the quality of  the Little Ceasars pizzas we've gotten during the quarantine has gone up markedly. I was pondering the reasons for this, when I realized it was because we've been ordering ahead, rather than just picking one up when we get there, so it's always super fresh. 

So yeah, I think we'll be doing that from now on! ^_^

Huzzah! 

I've never been too thrilled with their pizza. I may have to do it that way sometime, thou generally if we are buying pizza in that area, we usually go with Papa Murphy's.

• Like 7

Things being as they are finally got me to put an order in with Chef's Plate... Well, that and finding a decent $40 off coupon, which sure didn't hurt either. 

I've only been saying for two years now that I want to try them out!  

• Like 8

22 hours ago, haldir said:

I've never been too thrilled with their pizza. I may have to do it that way sometime, thou generally if we are buying pizza in that area, we usually go with Papa Murphy's.

Indeed, Papa Murphy's is a superior pizza, but sometimes we want pizza that's cheap and simple and ready to nom immediately, lol. 

Like most franchises, I've found that the quality varies a bit by location. The most amazing Little Caesars we ever frequented was the one right by the college we attended in Pocatello, ID. Best cheap pizza we ever had. :wub:

Huzzah! 

• Like 8

On 5/21/2020 at 5:19 PM, TripleH said:

1648006043_TabascoHandSanitizer.jpg.68a80274ae1860e4753dd97f310bda65.jpg

Knowing my love of hot sauces, this would backfire as I'd lick my fingers more.

• Haha 9

We got take out for the second night in a row. Last night''s italian was satisfying, but far too expensive for what we got. Tonight's Thai was much better.

• Like 4