"debasing" not-so public property?

NymMoondown

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya,

I don't debase my figures as its too much of a pain! I just cut out the center of a GW round 1in slotta-base, stick the figure in, and fill the gaps with epoxy. I can then use sand to blend everything together and flock as neccessary. Looks good and looks 100% compatable with my GW and Chainmail figures (I'm anal and like all my figures bases to look similar...).

Damon.

And I warn you, your hand is going to hate you when you're done. It's a brute-force thing, especially for the first bit when you're using the clippers.

And do not get the light little epxensive clippers for this, get the heavier ones that have a little heavier metal in them.  You can ruin an expensive set of clipper on your first cut if you arn't careful!

I don't debase my figures as its too much of a pain! I just cut out the center of a GW round 1in slotta-base, stick the figure in, and fill the gaps with epoxy. I can then use sand to blend everything together and flock as neccessary. Looks good and looks 100% compatable with my GW and Chainmail figures (I'm anal and like all my figures bases to look similar...).

Actually, you can get the reaper high side bases and glue the figure in and then fill the rest of the hole with 'Lite Interior Spakle' or wood filler [i prefer the spakle].  Then you can detail your base as you see fit.

Actually, you can get the reaper high side bases and glue the figure in and then fill the rest of the hole with 'Lite Interior Spakle' or wood filler [i prefer the spakle].  Then you can detail your base as you see fit.

Can't remember anything called a Reaper High Sided base but if its anything like the other reaper bases I'm more familiar with then its a no-go. I use only round bases, except for D&D monsters that have asymmetrical footprints (like Centaurs). I like using round bases as a) they fit in the little squares and b) they look better and are easier to get my guys to face the enemy (BECAUSE IT JUST LOOKS COOLER!!!).

I know what you mean. this is why i started bebasing in the first place... how is the chainmail game anywho? or do you just use the minis?

I just use the minis. The game is as dead as a doornail now. Wotc is threatening to unleash an new minis game next year (fast approaching I suppose). I just want the minis to use in my D&D game. I didn't go for CM because it added NOTHING to my D&D game, and that's what I want from Wotc.

Damon.