Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
I decided to do the Mystic Circle so I could do all kinds of occult and folk horror scenarios.
Currently "cooking" in the utility sink. The base parts were pretty warped. I may glue them to some foamcore for a little extra stability, but mostly traced, because I need to keep them " modular" for storage (the arches, I think they still qualify as dolmens, but I forget, will get pulled on and off. Unless it really doesn't work ).
This will likely be an all June project, because I had an unexpected computer death and porch reno and need to deal with that.
Some quick paints for the table. The pirate is a good demonstration of why I don't try sculpting - in addition he had a lot of casting problems in his legs and feet, so.... he will do but I kind of cringe. The shroud was a very quick paint - I cut the hands off, because it seemed more creepy that way
Using the long weekend to my advantage, I got a decent paint in on this guy. Meet Gronk.
Trying to do a more comic-style paint job, I did less wash and more highlights with bold color.
* The two-toned leathers look fun and eye catching where they need to be.
* Staying to as simple color-scheme as possible helped me draw this one to a close. (Brown, Orange, Green, ivory, red)
* The eyes came out really good and I finally managed one of those little reflective white dots in the corner of the right eye.
* Opting to not color-up every single ribbon or fold as a new color and simply stick to the simple palette helped me keep pushing forward.
* The shield came out great! If you look close on the edges and near the dents, there's small orange highlights that are really faint. Probably my favorite small thing on this model.
* Not digging his green skin highlights. Did a Green base, then ink wash, then went back over with same green, then brought up by adding white. Placement of the highlights is off as well as not understanding light. Crux for me.
* Metal sword over all has a good look to it. Can't seem to use the Vallejo Metals for edge highlighting. Too runny. Need to swap to regular metal paints and use edge of brush. Love the Metals, but they are so thin and spread so quickly.
* Struggled with doing boots. I want to darken them, but using black just seems too easy. When they are super dark, I can't figure out how to bring the color up. Lame.
* On the dino skull on his shoulder something bad happened. I went over it with bone color like 3 times to make sure it was thick enough. Then did a wash to bring out the dips and dirty it up a little, but I guess pulled up the bone color before it dried - even though it was sitting for 15 or more minutes before I hit it. That sucked. Fixable, but not sure why I hate that color so much.
* Learning how to be 'subtle' is something I need to develop. It's almost like I'm needing to see big swings in the color to make my eye train to it being different, but the reality is subtle would be better.
Who's Online 14 Members, 3 Anonymous, 48 Guests (See full list)