Sign in to follow this  
Darcstaar

Murder's Mark, Pathfinder 1st Edition

We have an Oracle and an Unchained Rogue.  Still waiting to hear from Imperial Officer about a character.

Looks like we could use some more combat, some arcane and maybe a little more healing, so Skald it is.  I'm looking at either human or half-orc 

And here is Karl Ritva-son, a human from the border of Irrisen and the Lands of the Linnorm Kings.  Back story to follow later as I'm due to join a painting hangout shortly.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2174587

• Like 1

Karl Ritva's-son was born to a single mother in a small town on the border of the Land of the Linnorm Kings and Irrisen.  A woman of harsh beauty, Ritva never revealed who his father was, but many in the village assume that it was one of several men who left on a trading expedition and never returned.  Ritva made her living serving drinks at an ale house, and Karl grew up surrounded by travelers and performers.  His favorite performers where the skalds and bard who would recite the Epic Poems of the heroes and adventurers that wove the tapesty of the history or the Land of the Linnorm Kings.  

A quick study with a good memory, Karl would spend every free moment in the shadow of these tellers of stories, mouthing the words as he committed them to memory.  In his teens, he apprenticed to an Ulfen skald and learned the craft of a traveling skald, eventually leaving to forge his own way in the world.  

One night, while performing in a sleepy little village on the border, he caught the gaze of a beautiful young woman dressed in fine furs with raven black hair.  She seemed quite taken with him and after a night of long looks and stolen kisses, she revealed that she was a White Witch and that she would return the next night to take him to Irrisen as a consort.  Knowing the stories of those who get caught up with the White Witches, Karl left his homeland and is putting as much distance as possible between him and this obsessive witch.  He uses several folk techniques to remain hidden from her view (Carefully Hidden trait) and makes his way through the world as a teller of stories and poems(and more often than not, selling his sword arm to those with the coin to pay).

Dilvish, I’m seeing 8 ranks, but can’t figure out #8.

Skald 4

Int 1

Human 1

Favored Class 1

Should be 7?

Also, never saw focused study.  I’ll allow it, but seems crazy that you give up one bonus human feat to get essentially 3 feats.  I guess they consider 3xSkill Focus=1xWeapon Focus?  I guess they balance it by the fact that many characters aren’t played to high levels?

1 hour ago, Darcstaar said:

Dilvish, I’m seeing 8 ranks, but can’t figure out #8.

Skald 4

Int 1

Human 1

Favored Class 1

Should be 7?

Also, never saw focused study.  I’ll allow it, but seems crazy that you give up one bonus human feat to get essentially 3 feats.  I guess they consider 3xSkill Focus=1xWeapon Focus?  I guess they balance it by the fact that many characters aren’t played to high levels?

Good catch.  I moved some skill point around and must have missed one.  Removed Sense Motive as both of the other characters have it.

Yeah, I'm not sure of the reasoning behind Focused Study.  It just fits where I see this character going. If it is a problem I can switch to something else. My guess is that Skill Focus doesn't play as big a roll in combat or spell casting as some of the other feats do?

On 4/7/2020 at 8:32 PM, Darcstaar said:

I don’t see Hero Labs mentioning it, but you have an extra HP.  So, I’m assuming “Favored Class: Oracle +1 HP?

Also, Religion Traits mention being tied to a particular deity.  Divine Warrior lists Lawful Good, being trained by militaristic clerics of a particular deity.  But that kind of seems a little off for an Oracle.  Does your character worship a single deity?  I’ll allow it if you fit it into the back story...

Yes, I went with the +1 to HP as my favor class bonus.

I actually changed my alignment to LG, I just forgot to re-do it on the sheet before C&P.

Technically she does, Iomedea as I did use her domains for the background stuff. I can always change it if needed. Let me look at again at traits. There might be something else that fits better.

Ok I'll re-post but I did change her trait to Reactionary vs Divine Warrior. It fits my background better. Which, I'll try & get up today.

Posted The Playing to get us started.  You can post OOC (out of character) here.  If you want to post out of character in the playing, please preface it with OOC or designate a different color for it.