77235, Toghra the Gnoll Leader

Metalchaos

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Peithetairos
      Finally I can reveal my entry for the 2. Quarterly Reaper Miniatures painting contest. I am very pleased with the results and even placed fourth. The competition was strong as per usual and very impressive freehands as well as glow effects made the top three stand out.

Rhianna is based on Reaper Miniatures Avatar of Resilience. I changed quite a bit about the miniature to fit the urban fantasy theme: New weapons, including a scratch-build pump gun, pants, leather straps across the chest and more.

I had lots of fun converting this mini and painting her was also a good, if challenging experience. Pink is not usually a colour I choose, but here it really works. I used Kimera Colours Magenta with a bit of The White as a base colour. That was crazy vibrant, so I desaturated it with some grey. For the shadows I mixed some Purple into the Magenta which really helped to make it pop. Finally, highlights were applied using a baby pink.

I had trouble getting the right look for the Juicy logo, but ended up using metallics for it. Micro dots failed and had to be painted over again.
      The small labels and garbage were also a first. The labels are all freehands and distressed afterwards. The cigarettes are small styrene strips and the Pepsi can made from some aluminium foil.

So a few questions to spark discussion:

How do you go about sequin, glitter or fake 'crystals' on miniatures? What is your favourite recipe for pink?
    • By lazarp
      I like the tehnolog romans, they are quite simple but very effective after being painted! The shield is a plastic piece used to cover screws on furniture 😁 Thanks for looking!

• By Chaoswolf
      This is s figure that I painted during a speed painting class at Reapercon a couple years ago. I decided to go  back and clean up a couple things that I think could have been a little better. I know that's not quite the idea of speed painting, but I brought him to my tabletop standard, so I'm happy with him now.

• By Metalchaos
      Good day everyone, here's the last goblin from my warband. I did only a simple conversion on this one. I swapped its head with that of another goblin.
      The original 77445, Goblin skirmisher model was sculpted by Bobby Jackson.

Loose!

• By Metalchaos
      Hey everyone, here's my penultimate mischievous fellow. I swapped its head and weapon with those of other goblins.
      The original 77444, Goblin warrior models were was sculpted by Bobby Jackson.