Issues Glueing warlord bases

Laralu510

I am having trouble doing this simple thing. I am using some sort of crazy glue "cyanoacrylate" thing. The problem is is that the figure and its little metal slot wont go into the black base evenly. If i put it in so the slot and the base are even the figure is lopsided. So i've been playing with trimming the pewter slot with an exacto, but that didn't work very well. The only thing I can think of to do is to glue it in so the figure is standing straight and the slot is crooked with the base. I'll just try to cover that up when I flock the base by using glue (i'm not buying green stuff yet too much money for right now) Anything i am missing????

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is is that the figure and its little metal slot wont go into the black base evenly.

If i put it in so the slot and the base are even the figure is lopsided.

So i've been playing with trimming the pewter slot with an exacto, but that didn't work very well.

The only thing I can think of to do is to glue it in so the figure is standing straight and the slot is crooked with the base.

Just to be sure I understand what you are asking, please bear with me.

is the problem that the height of the base is less than the height of the tab on the bottom of the mini?

thus when the mini is inserted in the slot the tab extends past the base and the mini/base will not sit flush on a surface?

my experience with this problem is to glue into place with the mini flush on the base and then take wire cutters and trim to fit.

cher

The wire cutters are a good idea....i hope i have some..much better than the exact knife. But the other problem with my mini is that if i glue the mini flush or even with the base the mini it is crooked and she is leening forward way to much. I think its because one of her feed is sculpted to be lower than the metal tab and the other is a little bit above the metal tab. So i just glued her unevenly so she is standing straight.

Yes, I'll do this sometimes too.

If you bend the little tab on the bottom that goes into the slotta base into a little "C" or "S" shape (you only need a slight bend), it will push on either side of the slot, and will remain upright. From here you can fill the gaps in with filler.

The suggestion of greenstuff works well too. :)

-John

Green stuff has a beautiful, fine consistancy which is great for sculpting, but not really needed to fill in bases. You can get Locktite at Walmart; will work quite well for filling bases and it's much cheaper. It is a blue cylinder in a clear plastic tube.

Some warnings:

:wow: This stuff stinks to high heaven

:wow: It is very sticky. I use lip balm to grease my fingers before I handle it.

:wow: When they say if sets in 15 minutes, they are not joking. I cut off a bit, flatten it slightly, then cut the amount I need off that. If you cut off a chunk and knead it all at once, you'll waste a bunch of it.

Still, it's cheap, easy to find, and does a great job of filling in bases. I like that bit about inducing a light curve in the tab so it will fit right. That's very cool.