Sign in to follow this  
shakhak

RuleBook Artwork

While flipping through the Warlord book I've seen some AMAZING artwork. Everything from a Mercenary Halfling leaping down onto a Unq. Hero Wraith to 3 Dwarves holding thier ground, in a murky graveyard, against a variety of Undead.

BUT what I'm here to discuss are the watermarks, behind the Faction's Story, of unreleased units. Two of these catch my attention:

The first on page 15, There are two creatures here a horned female who has a striking resemblance to an already released Sucubuss, and a Tall male figure dressed in flowing robes. I can't find a description that fits him and the sketch is amazing. Any idea on what or who he could be?

The Second is on page 23 behind the DarkSpawn's Faction Fluff. This crippled, spikey, boney, giant punch dagger and axe wielder, souless figure is half covered in text. I have an idea that he is Broken Fodder or PainTender but there is no telling because both of those units descriptions are fairly vague. Any suggestion as to what they could be would awesome.

Thanks in advance.

IIRC Shakak got one of the B&W advance copies from Origins - Redeemable for a color HB, Right?

Yupper! I've got an OLE (Origins Limited Edition), and there is a coupon inside the front cover to mail the book back in for one color edition and a limited edition fig. They sold all fifty copies in a day or so, and I got one of the last copies. It's already getting beaten up, can't wait for the real thing!

I might have to get two - I'm doing a bunch of Warlord stuff, and I can't imagine being without a copy for the time it will take to send in the OLE and get the hardbound one back. ::(:

Alright slow down a bit and bring it on back. I don't think it's Anise's dead brother.

BUT what I'm here to discuss are the watermarks, behind the Faction's Story, of unreleased units. Two of these catch my attention:

The first on page 15, There are two creatures here a horned female who has a striking resemblance to an already released Sucubuss, and a Tall male figure dressed in flowing robes. I can't find a description that fits him and the sketch is amazing. Any idea on what or who he could be?

The Second is on page 23 behind the DarkSpawn's Faction Fluff. This crippled, spikey, boney, giant punch dagger and axe wielder, souless figure is half covered in text. I have an idea that he is Broken Fodder or PainTender but there is no telling because both of those units descriptions are fairly vague. Any suggestion as to what they could be would awesome.

Hey, I'm not the one with a punching dagger and axe.

lol I gotcha now.

They are more like a Warped Spear with a HUGE axe blade attached and a punching scimitar. And however he died looked very painful.

From Warlord Descriptive text - I would suggest that the illustration on P 23 is either

a) Paintender

b)Soultender

c)Broken Fodder.

However, nobody has yet told me which of these it is, if it is even any of them. For all I know, It's a new unit that will be detailed in the Overlords Faction book.

Sheesh. Yes - I mean Darkspawn. I need to slow down when typing these replies. I keep mixing Darkspawn and Overlords up - whichever one I'm talking about, I seem to use the wrong name. :down:

From now on - Assume I'm wrong about the factions. It'll save us both a lot of hassle! :poke:

I think he means Crusaders. Or maybe Necropolis. I can never tell those apart. ::P: