200413-ttcombat-halfling-skeletons-group

10 pint-sized skeletons with eyeballs. Which is a bit strange as all the other soft tissue is long gone. Especially strange since the eyes are usually the first bits to go, eaten by crows (or by fish if you die at sea). Them eyeballs are scrumptious, it would seem.

The minis are from the "Halflings and Fantasy Friends" kickstarter TTcombat ran late 2018 and that was delivered some time ago. I have painted ghosts and ghouls from this line earlier. They are all very cartoony and also rather cute.

200413-ttcombat-halfling-skeletons-sword 200413-ttcombat-halfling-skeletons-sword

Three little swordsmen ...er, knifemen.

200413-ttcombat-halfling-skeletons-spear 200413-ttcombat-halfling-skeletons-spear

Three little pikes. Two have build their holes of straw and of sticks. The third of bricks.

200413-ttcombat-halfling-skeletons-arche 200413-ttcombat-halfling-skeletons-arche

And four archers.

10 skeletons in all, from the "RPG pledge level" that basically gave a nice assortment of different types, either 5 or 10 of each.

I used a mixture of regular paint and contrast paints on these. As always, they look better when not magnified. Some of the mould lines I simply have not noticed before, and now I see them glaring at me in the pictures. My eyesight is not what it once was.

200413-ttcombat-halfling-skeletons-conan

I printed out 20mm bases for the little rascals.

Halflings Skeletons

TTCombat 2018/2019

Unknown sculptor

Resin

20mm bases

Should be available from TTCombat in the future.

These models were painted the 10th and 11th of April.

• Like 21
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maledrakh
      I have been slightly less of a workaholic in May than in April, so I have been able to do some quartely challenges as well as the monthlies. I am probably not going to be able to paint anything else this month, so here goes.
      These were all painted for the Reaper challenge league May, and again, squeezed in between work. So, low effort speed painting is the key. which also shows that is it possible to get quite decent results in a short time as long as you accept there will be some rough bits.

there are some pictures below

• By MoonglowMinis
      So this past February, I got around to painting up these Bog Skeletons.  I was in need of more swamp zombies for Rangers of Shadow Deep and had these guys laying around and figured it was the perfect excuse for painting them.  Though I am a big fan of bog-bodies, I decided to lean more into a swampy look.  I figured they could be a bit more colorful and I got a strong vision of a green-tone horde of skellies.  Plus bogs are notorious for preserving bodies and these guys missing quite a bit of their flesh, organs, and hair.

More Below the Spoiler:

I had a lot of fun working on these guys.  They're very colorful despite being monochromatic and I think they're among some of my best work.  I tried out new techniques and pushed my skills.  In the end I have a group of evocative minis that really imply a setting beyond the limits of their bases.  I couldn't be prouder of these bone-boys.

I also recently shared some photos of some of my earlier attempts at painting skeletons.  It was really fun looking back at where I started - especially since these models are very similar to the Skeleton Guardians.  You can check out my old skeletons in the Show-Off post HERE.
    • By AlonTey
      Hi all, long time lurker here, breaking out into posting with the Reaper Challenge League! 

Q1/March Group Shot

Quarterly/Large Model, Frost Giant Ranger SKU 44124

Quarterly/Heavy Mod, Cave Troll SKU 77704

Monthly/March of the Toy Solider, Hobgoblin Veterans SKU 77477

Monthly/Player Character, Zenfis Zadar, Wizard SKU 77663

Monthly/Monster, Ettin SKU 77706

Monthly/New Release, Pig and Cart SKU 77657

Monthly/Freebie, TTCombat Halfling Drunk

• By Maledrakh
      At the Twee of Wuv

A simple diorama for the Reaper Challenge League

44131 Tree of Despair with the 77546 Barbarian Mouslings
  • Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)